Nightmare continues: Subban leaves on stretcher

yave1964

A season that started with so much promise continues to roll down hill....

P.K. Subban and teammate Alexei Emelin

collided after Subban got tangled with Foligno and was going down, Emelin coming the other direction full speed collided knee on head with Subban who left the game on a stretcher.

The good news is they are saying Subban has feeling in all of his extremities.

“Every time the doctors rush onto the ice, we’re worried. When it takes a long time and the player ends up leaving on a stretcher, there’s always worry,” said Habs coach Michel Therrien, as per the club’s website.

“When I went to see him, he was with the doctors. I had a good talk with them and they assured me that he had movement in his extremities, which is a good thing given the circumstances.”

The bad news is the season is not over for the Canadiens. The nightmare year continues......

Sounds like he won't be out to long.  Price is expected to return next week. I'm not sure if they have enough to make a go of it for the playoffs,  but they sure can play a spoiler role. 

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Sounds like he won't be out to long.  Price is expected to return next week. I'm not sure if they have enough to make a go of it for the playoffs,  but they sure can play a spoiler role. 

The season has been wretched for the Habs, this is just another nail.

They were chasing the Presidents trophy, the team was saying they were the sum of their parts, and that Carey Price was a big part but not the whole team.

He got hurt. They fell apart showing that they are indeed a one man show.

Pacioretty in October may have been the best player in Hockey. After that he has not done anything..

Semin. enough said.

Gallagher got hurt and really has not been the same since returning. Desharnais is out for the year now.

Condon looked like the real deal, now he is fighting for playing time with the immortal Scrivens who follows a good game with two awful ones.

Petry has proven to be okay but massively overpaid.

They traded Weise who was among their best forwards for a large stretch of the season along with Fleischman as they wrote the year off and went into sell mode.

now Subban is hurt. Like you said, it looked worse than it is but his being carried off on a stretcher is symbolic of their season.

A year that started with so much promise in Montreal is now one they certainly just want to be over.

Archived