Stamkos out 1-3 months

swflyers28

30 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Does Yzerman call up Drouin?   :unsure[1]:

That seems to be what everyone wants to talk about. Syracuse may not make the playoffs, so a whole bunch could get called up, one of which could be Drouin.

WOW! Not only changes the outlook for the SCPs, but now also will affect his potential free agent value. In a way, it may allow TBL to keep him. Yzerman will have to consider this carefully, as will any other GM. Do you give Stamkos the big money even though if this does recur, the risk of him having to hang em up for health reasons increases significantly? Tough one! It basically will shorten the length of any deal I would offer him. Probably more than anything else, that will be the effect on the contract negotiations with both the TBL and potentially in the FA market.

Not that there is EVER a good time for these kinds of things to happen, but this isn't even close to one. And seeing that the TBL are probably my second favorite team, it is disappointing.

6 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Wow another blood clot in a NHL player.  You don't hear this happening in other sports.  Here's  to a speedy recovery for Stamkos.

Chris Bosh says hi!

As somebody who has a clotting history I pay attention to this.  I've not seen many in the arm though.  Presumably he got hit blocking a shot?  At least it was his arm not lungs. 

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So has Stammer played his last game for the Bolts???

That is a definite possibility. Since he hasn't been signed by Tampa, he could end up an unrestricted free agent over the summer, and going to the highest bidder with Tampa getting zot for him - nothing! Maybe Tampa held onto him so he would at least play in the play-offs, and that's very likely out the window now. You have to feel for Yzerman..... ow.

Edit: and for Stamkos.

Archived