Which is more Embarrassing to Flyer fans?

hf101

Which is more embarrasing?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves the playoff dookie award?

• Steve Mason giving up the goal that won't ever be forgotten
    • Nick Cousins cheering for the Capitals on that goal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, canoli said:

I'm pretty sure Cousins' reaction is OMGWTF?~!

Mason's gaffe reminded me of Nitty's when he got scored on staring at the jumbotron.

Yeah, the replay cuts off a little too early, if it stayed for a few more seconds you see his hands go to his head in an "oh my" sort of motion

Neither.  While the goal was certainly cringe-worthy and we don't know what the Cousins thing was about, it is watching them getting pushed around so badly in this series that is most embarrassing to me.  I can live with the results of the games, since I was not expecting too much more, but the fact that the Caps are taking so many liberties and the Flyers have very little answer for it is what has me embarrassed.  This series has come down to special teams much more than I expected it would.  The Flyers can't score on the PP and the Caps take full advantage of their PP opportunities.  So it stands to reason that the Caps feel comfortable taking runs at our players or slashing guys without much fear of any damage being done by the Flyers, while the Flyers can't afford to go to the box without it resulting in a goal against.  This Flyers team simply isn't good enough to beat this Caps team in a 7 games series, but getting bounced out while being pushed around should be good experience for this team and hopefully it leaves a bad taste in their mouths.

I feel bad for Mason.  He really has played incredibly in this series, except for that..that...what the hell was that??

But really, if not for Mason it's an extremely lopsided score in both games (4-1 is close enough to lopsided, but it would have been worse).

It was bad, real bad, but nowhere near as bad as Sir Leaksalot in 2010 in the pantheon of unforgivable Flyer playoff goalie failures.

Plus Mason has been very good over the last month and a half, they're probably not still playing without that performance. To me it looked he had trouble getting his legs set, might have still been working off whatever tweaked when he did a split and got up slow on the previous sequence. So yeah it was bad, but not as critical as, say, Claude Lemieux from the red line....

How about getting 42 shots on Holtby on a very good defensive team and only getting 1 past him? I think that deserves a playoff dookie award more than either of the choices listed.

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

How about now????????

tumblr_m04z4e1TNd1r1gyifo3_250.gif

:ph34r:

Can't...look...away...

...must...avert...eyes....

...why...can't....i.....look...away...

...must...make....salt...ring.........break....computer.....OH....GOD...LOOK....AWAY!....AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHH....

I'll give my $.02 here.  

Just before the whiff on the puck Mason went post to post with a split, made the save, and then collapsed backward in apparent pain.  It's not the first time he's done this either, which leads me to believe he has some sort of lower abdomen / groin pull issue.  He uncharacteristically then drops to the butterfly to handle a puck shot from the other end of the rink, when normally he would just stay upright and direct it to the corner.

If you ask me, the gaffe on the puck had something to do with Mason tweaking that injury again.  A lack of focus on the puck could also be the result of him standing there in net while the play is down the other end thinking about the injured area.  Wouldn't surprised me in the least to find out at the end of the season he was playing hurt.

What's most embarrassing is one goal in 120 minutes.

Everything else is window dressing.

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

I know and Mason has scored as many as the Flyers. YIKES!!!! I'm afraid if they don't win tonight it will be a sweep. Which i didn't think was going to happen. Caps are just out playing the Flyers. They were better before it began on paper and are proving it on the ice.

Mason is the only Flyer keeping them in the game, bad goal or not. What I find embarrassing is this commitment to mediocrity by management so they can reap 2 home playoff date revenues, instead of blowing it up and rebuilding with some size and speed and skill that can only be achieved drafting in the top 5. The Matt Reads of the world will not win you a cup. 

13 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Mason is the only Flyer keeping them in the game, bad goal or not. What I find embarrassing is this commitment to mediocrity by management so they can reap 2 home playoff date revenues, instead of blowing it up and rebuilding with some size and speed and skill that can only be achieved drafting in the top 5. The Matt Reads of the world will not win you a cup. 

Um, what? Hexy is throwing grenades as much as he can, if someone doesn't want to take our garbage you can't do much.

Honestly that's a funny comment with the first full scale rebuild in team history going on right now, has been going on since Hexy got here

This isn't the NFL, you can't just cut guys when don't like their play or their contract anymore

Archived