Which is more Embarrassing to Flyer fans?

hf101

Which is more embarrasing?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves the playoff dookie award?

• Steve Mason giving up the goal that won't ever be forgotten
    • Nick Cousins cheering for the Capitals on that goal

5 minutes ago, sarsippius said:

This isn't the NFL, you can't just cut guys when don't like their play or their contract anymore

It was always nice when Good Ole Eddie would just pay for his mistakes and move onto the next "shiny".  I just wish they would allow you to "pay" your way out of your mistakes. MacDud is going to hurt for a looooooooonnnnggggggggg time.........

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, flyerrod said:

It was always nice when Good Ole Eddie would just pay for his mistakes and move onto the next "shiny".  I just wish they would allow you to "pay" your way out of your mistakes. MacDud is going to hurt for a looooooooonnnnggggggggg time.........

Yes and no. At least you can waive him to the AHL. Yes you have eat about 4 mill in salary...but then you wouldn't have to watch him skate backwards till he completely screens Mason and then whiff on the stick check....

...never have i seen someone expend so much energy yet never really accomplish a damn thing....

I hope we move beyond this goal.  Really.  Yes it makes me cringe.  But I remind you of a certain series-ending goal about six years ago..."Leaky Leighton" is remembered for that goal...his heroics earlier in the season seem to be forgotten.  Enough already about this goal.  When a team goes 0 for 8 on PP and has lots of shots that aren't from the red zone...Jesus, Bernie, Vezina, and Roy combined won't matter.  Neither will selective memory.  Sorry for a bit of a rant on a Monday but me thinks this series' greatest impact/value will be to remind us we were a marginal playoff team with serious weaknesses.  

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I hope we move beyond this goal.  Really.  Yes it makes me cringe.  But I remind you of a certain series-ending goal about six years ago..."Leaky Leighton" is remembered for that goal...his heroics earlier in the season seem to be forgotten.  Enough already about this goal.  When a team goes 0 for 8 on PP and has lots of shots that aren't from the red zone...Jesus, Bernie, Vezina, and Roy combined won't matter.  Neither will selective memory.  Sorry for a bit of a rant on a Monday but me thinks this series' greatest impact/value will be to remind us we were a marginal playoff team with serious weaknesses.  

Yes heroics were quickly forgotten like you said.

In fact he has accomplished something that hasn't been done since.

3 shutouts in one playoff series....to eliminate the Canadians in 2010.

Agree that Mase isnt the reason we are losing although it didnt help, was quite embarrassing, and will provide endless fodder for opposing fans (especially in arena).

As for Leights, if we have to open that old wound again, I will say that while I appreciate what he did down the stretch I do blame him for the SC Final series loss, not just because of "the goal" (which is also a major embarrassment in itself and was the icing on the cake) but because he was hiding injury throughout the series.  When I found that out I hit the roof and Leights became dead to me.

13 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Agree that Mase isnt the reason we are losing although it didnt help, was quite embarrassing, and will provide endless fodder for opposing fans (especially in arena).

As for Leights, if we have to open that old wound again, I will say that while I appreciate what he did down the stretch I do blame him for the SC Final series loss, not just because of "the goal" (which is also a major embarrassment in itself and was the icing on the cake) but because he was hiding injury throughout the series.  When I found that out I hit the roof and Leights became dead to me.

I wonder if when it is all said and done the same will be said for Mase playing with an injury....i hope not...but if he needs surgery after the playoffs we'll have our answer...and the talking head will claim it had nothing to do with his performance.

But like whuch has been noticable and mentioned by other at times Mase looks at times to be dealing/managing/hiding something of he sort.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I wonder if when it is all said and done the same will be said for Mase playing with an injury....i hope not...but if he needs surgery after the playoffs we'll have our answer...and the talking head will claim it had nothing to do with his performance.

But like whuch has been noticable and mentioned by other at times Mase looks at times to be dealing/managing/hiding something of he sort.

I'm thinking that this will indeed be the case.  I wonder if it would be worth it to give Neuvy a shot (if he is now healed from injury) as he likely has a bug up his backside to go up against his former team and had played well down the stretch before injury.

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Mason is playing with an injury. They've been "managing" it for about the last third of the season.

Well sure everyone is dealing with something during this time of the season but if we find out it was something he should have been shut down and addressed a while ago i'll be pissed. There would be no reason to make him play if he needed surgery. And if they didn't make the playoffs because of it so be it they would of had a better draft pick. Wasn't any reason to make him play if that is the case because like many said it's not like they are going to win the Cup they were just lucky enough to make the dance.

If it is something minor then no big deal.

But if it is something that could cause further damge like Nitty playing with a hip issue which more than likely shodrtened his career because it wasn't addressed that would be a tragedy.

3 hours ago, radoran said:

What's most embarrassing is one goal in 120 minutes.

Everything else is window dressing.

What's most embarrassing is one goal in 120 minutes.

Everything else is window dressing.

You nailed it. Bingo.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know and Mason has scored as many as the Flyers. YIKES!!!! I'm afraid if they don't win tonight it will be a sweep. Which i didn't think was going to happen. Caps are just out playing the Flyers. They were better before it began on paper and are proving it on the ice.

I don't agree with the Caps outplaying the Flyers.  Certainly not in game 2.  Difference is the Flyers keep working hard, cycling, getting shots toward the Caps net and no goals.  The Caps come down and on a rush have a player who can pick a corner from the RW boards.  

It's not a matter of being outplayed.  It's a matter of not having the offensive talent to compete.

3 minutes ago, eleven24 said:

I don't agree with the Caps outplaying the Flyers.  Certainly not in game 2.  Difference is the Flyers keep working hard, cycling, getting shots toward the Caps net and no goals.  The Caps come down and on a rush have a player who can pick a corner from the RW boards.  

It's not a matter of being outplayed.  It's a matter of not having the offensive talent to compete.

Yeah it was low percentage bad angle shoot from everywhere that doesn't work against this Caps teams. That is why they lost...twice.

The best game for the Flyers to win in this series would have been game 3.  I think they win this one.  One because of the home ice advantage, and two because the Caps still haven't really been tested.  They still haven't had a must win game all season.  I'm hoping the Flyers win tonight just so I can see what happens to the Caps in a game 4 must win situation.  Will they tighten up?  Will the young Flyers players regain some of that confidence they had a month ago?

Still don't see the Flyers pushing this to 6 games... but... BUT... never underestimate the psychological part of the game an the pressure on a team to win it all.

For once that pressure isn't on a Flyers team in round 1 of the playoffs.

5 hours ago, eleven24 said:

Yeah for the most part I agree, the Caps (and many other teams) have more talent than the Flyers. But I disagree that's the biggest reason we're down 0-2. There are guys in the O&B who have loads of talent and skill. The problem is they haven't done a fkng thing. Individually they're working hard but besides the 4th line that hard work isn't translating to winning shifts.

I also don't think it's mainly Holtby (he's been adequate and that's been enough) or the Caps' forecheck or their shot-blocking etc. To me the most obvious problem is the Flyers aren't in sync; this looks like the Flyers from October. Maybe the Caps are forcing the Flyers off their game but when 6-foot passes miss the tape something else is probably going on. The Flyers lose most of the scrums, the foot races, the 2-on-2 battles on the wall. The PP umbrella is motionless...guys are puck-staring on the PK ... this stuff wasn't happening 20 games ago. This just isn't the same Flyers who were clicking so well in late Feb / early March. It almost looks like they're thinking "we made the POs didn't we? Isn't that enough? "

Hopefully tonight at home things will be different.

The most embarrassing thing is how it's the same tired old story with you guys when its always been a dead offense that's the real glaring problem.

Archived