Hiller to the Swiss League

Hose Head

Jonas Hiller will no longer be a Calgary Flame come next season as he has signed a contract to play for EHC Biel in the Swiss Hockey League. I don't know all the details as I am still at work finishing up my day, but I wish him well and glad to see the contract off the Flames payroll.

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

He was UFA anyways and nobody was going to sign him and he knew it

It's still good to get him off the roster. I am not going to put total blame on the team not doing well last season because it is a TEAM game and should never be put on one guys shoulder, but especially in the beginning of the season when he was playing a lot he was a major part of it.

At 34 Hiller is past his prime and I don't see him getting a back up role with any team in the NHL.

I wonder what the Flames will do next season in net -- Look to make a trade or just go with Ramo and Ortio?

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

At 34 Hiller is past his prime and I don't see him getting a back up role with any team in the NHL.

I wonder what the Flames will do next season in net -- Look to make a trade or just go with Ramo and Ortio?

I hope they make a trade for a starter like a Cam Ward type till maybe Gillies is ready and use either Ramo or Ortio as the back up.

Archived