Is the King past his prime?

hf101

Is the King past his prime?  

1. 1. Is the King past his prime?

• Yep, it ended 2 years ago.
    • He still has a chance as he is still one of the best goalies in the NHL.

Henrik Lundqvist has now allowed 17 goals in his last five playoff starts at Madison Square Garden.  The 34 year old is either hampered with an injury or he has seen his best days.  It seems a little bit early than his contract plan as he is signed for another 5 years at a $8.5M.

He's still a good goalie but I think next year he will play less games to be fresh for the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Henrik Lundqvist has now allowed 17 goals in his last five playoff starts at Madison Square Garden.  The 34 year old is either hampered with an injury or he has seen his best days.  It seems a little bit early than his contract plan as he is signed for another 5 years at a $8.5M.

He's still a good goalie but I think next year he will play less games to be fresh for the playoffs.  

Could be but i must admit i haven't watched any of their series to really make a call.

At his age skills begin to erode.

Couldn't happen to a better team.:biggrin:

I wouldn't count him out yet but I sure hope so as it is the Rags turn to have to suffer a bit for chasing the dragon for so long and I will enjoy every moment of it when it happens!

He's not "done" yet, but his age/wear and tear is definitely showing.   He no longer "intimidates" like he used to.  His play reminds me of the latter years of Brodeur... Still a top 10 goalie but no longer the dominant force he once was.  I can see him having another 2-3 strong years and THEN seeing the wheels fall off.  Hopefully he doesn't chase the cup too long and tarnish a wonderful career with some mediocre years.

Archived