Capitals advance

notfondajane

The Capitals move on against the Flyers, but they did have some rough spots in that series. They are really going to have to step it up this round if they plan on getting past the Penguins.

As much as I can, I usually work overnight. I catch games on iTunes! Every one on this boards seems to get along, a few spats here and there! That happens. Are you in the D. C. Area?

5 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

As much as I can, I usually work overnight. I catch games on iTunes! Every one on this boards seems to get along, a few spats here and there! That happens. Are you in the D. C. Area?

I actually live in the Northern part of Maryland which is just under 2 hours away from the Verizon Center. When my boyfriend and I do attend a game we take the Metro in, but we still have to drive a distance to the Metro station.

To Philly I am actually about 1 hour and 30 minutes away. I am actually only 50 minutes away from Newark, DE. So I am actually closer to Philly than D.C. , but Comcast Sportsnet has always showed the Capitals games in my area.

18 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I find that interesting! I'm guessing it's a business thing! At least this year you are/ were able to watch decent hockey!

I have no idea why that the contract goes to the Capitals up North here. I image, but don't know for sure that out in Western Maryland they probably get to view the Penguins games. I may be wrong about that though. My boyfriend was born in Howard County which is closer to the D.C. Area so he is happy the Capitals are televised up here where we live now.

I'm not sure I believe the Pens territorial boundaries go to Cumberland county. It's nice to have a big territory. We get a lot people from out of town for weekend home games! Pens  used to get the Capitals fan club for a while! Which was a nice group of people!

I'm not sure I believe the Pens territorial boundaries go to Cumberland county. It's nice to have a big territory. We get a lot people from out of town for weekend home games! Pens  used to get the Capitals fan club for a while! Which was a nice group of people!

2 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

The Pens fan base has slowly been growing over the last 25 years or so!

I think someone named Sidney Crosby and also Championships have helped that out a bit.

1 minute ago, notfondajane said:

That's possible! And someone named Mario which I'm not sure who he is! ( cough)

That sure does help. He is the 2nd biggest name in the game in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

What I don't understand is Mario did just as much for hockey as Gretzky! And it seemed that all the glory went to Wayne!

I agree he did a lot for the game. The stats do lean towards Gretkzy but a lot of that has to do with Mario and his career being shorter.

19 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Cancer hurt Mario! There was a gambling issue when Wayne was in Phoenix that hurt him

It definitely did. He had Hodgkin's Lymphoma correct?

Yes the gambling issue put a sour mark on his record.

Yes Hodgkin it was! I heard a few people question if he really had it! Supposedly he was playing golf while he was being treated. I'm not questioning that he had it's possible he was told to use that as therapy?!

2 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Yes Hodgkin it was! I heard a few people question if he really had it! Supposedly he was playing golf while he was being treated. I'm not questioning that he had it's possible he was told to use that as therapy?!

I think it is a wonderful thing that he was able to play Golf during therapy. Being as active as you can during treatments such as that can help how productive the treatment work.

Archived