Flames fire Hartley

hf101

The Flames are going in a new direction and have parted ways after 4 years with Coach Bob Hartley. Ironically he was the last years Jack Adams award winner.  What a difference a year makes...

Noooooooooo!

Hartley was a crap coach when he won the Jack Adams, and he's crap now that he's been fired for daring to not repeat the un-repeatable. I suppose Bruce Boudreau (who would be a great match for Calgary's parts) are now in. Would be a MAJOR upgrade.

Not happy.

8 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Noooooooooo!

Hartley was a crap coach when he won the Jack Adams, and he's crap now that he's been fired for daring to not repeat the un-repeatable. I suppose Bruce Boudreau (who would be a great match for Calgary's parts) are now in. Would be a MAJOR upgrade.

Not happy.

I disagree with Hartley as a crap coach, he took a crap team with two good forwards and a bunch of puck moving defenseman and dared to play a different style than anyone else, and told Monahan that he did not care if he was not able to legally drink a beer, he was taking faceoffs against other teams best and learning on the job no matter what, building the kids confidence. No goalie, limited overall talent, he got the most out of the team than anyone could. I have had a hard time liking him as he came in to the Wings Avalanche rivalry late with the hated 'Lanche but I respect what he managed to do with a team that had just dumped Iggie, Kipper, Bouwmeester and more and blew the roster up and told him try to make lemonade with these lemons. Hartley may be done in the NHL at this point for good but I respect how he turned it around in Calgary and made them respectable.

But Boudreau is now available and teams are going to be making their pitch hot and heavy. A lot of bubble coaches should be shaking in their shoes.

Archived