Capitals choke again!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capitals did choke again that is for sure. Holtby did get outplayed by Murray, but he didn't play bad. Ovechkin I would say was more of Murray's bitch than Crosby. Ovechkin had a lot of shots and Murray was there to stop most of them. I think the next series is going to be very exciting.

I'm shocked. Who would have called that? 

Oh wait. It's like predicting that Wednesday will follow Tuesday, yet every single year I have people insist this is year. 

It will NOT happen while Ovechkin is on that team. It's as simple as that. 

7 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

What a surprise, the Capitals choke again! Holtby gets outplayed by rookie and Ovie is Crosby's bitch again. Hopefully the Lightning can do what the Capitals couldn't.

Ovi has the same amount of points as Crosby right now and Holtby currently has the highest save percentage. Good job with the inaccurate statements.

1 minute ago, JagerMeister said:

Ovi has the same amount of points as Crosby right now and Holtby currently has the highest save percentage. Good job with the inaccurate statements.

Who won? Again?  Your points and save percentage don't mean squat.  Ovechkin is a loser. 

Ovechkin is Crosby's bitch. 

Just now, ruxpin said:

Who won? Again? 

Lol, you've conceded to your irrational detestation towards all of Caps. Can't take anything you say regarding them seriously. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Who won? Again?  Your points and save percentage don't mean squat.  Ovechkin is a loser. 

Well, yes. None of that matters if they lose. But I'm just refuting the OP's statements which are patently false.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I will have to concede. Crosby did outplay Ovechkin. But that isn't all that surprising. Crosby's been phenomenal since the second half of the season.

5 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

Lol, you've conceded to your irrational detestation towards all of Caps. Can't take anything you say regarding them seriously. Sorry.

I'm right on this, though. Who wins between Crosby end Ovechkin every single time. 

If that's not definition of bitch..... 

And it's example A of why I can't stand that team. They are frauds.  And it begins with Ovechkin. It's every year. 

Yeah, I realize only one team ultimately wins, but most often they go in with the superior team (or at least better record)  and come up small. 

In the playoffs it's about winning, not stats.  The statement that Ovechkin is Crosby's bitch is not inaccurate. It's emphatically true. 

7 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

I'm sure Holtby would love for you to send him that message that he has the highest save percentage currently. I'll give you an accurate statement, Matt Murray 4 wins, Holtby 2, is that better. Here's another accurate statement, Ovie has not made it pass the second round in his entire career, maybe it's time to request a trade out of Washington or go back to Russia and play in the KHL. He's a hell of a player who I'd love to see on the Flyers because of the way he plays, but as it stands now he'll be known as a great regular season player but a choker in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I'm right on this, though. Who wins between Crosby end Ovechkin every single time. 

If that's not definition of bitch..... 

And it's example A of why I can't stand that team. They are frauds.  And it begins with Ovechkin. It's every year. 

Yeah, I realize only one team ultimately wins, but most often they go in with the superior team (or at least better record)  and come up small. 

In the playoffs it's about winning, not stats.  The statement that Ovechkin is Crosby's bitch is not inaccurately. It's emphatically true. 

It's not Crosby prevailing over Ovechkin. It's Pittsburgh prevailing over Washington. Which is not exactly the same thing. Crosby did outperform Ovechkin but not too an incredible degree. This is one of Ovechkin's more productive post season years. So I don't think the first line can be held too accountable for the Caps loss.

1 minute ago, Lindbergh31 said:

I'm sure Holtby would love for you to send him that message that he has the highest save percentage currently. I'll give you an accurate statement, Matt Murray 4 wins, Holtby 2, is that better. Here's another accurate statement, Ovie has not made it pass the second round in his entire career, maybe it's time to request a trade out of Washington or go back to Russia and play in the KHL. He's a hell of a player who I'd love to see on the Flyers because of the way he plays, but as it stands now he'll be known as a great regular season player but a choker in the playoffs.

My god. Your EXACT statement was a rookie outperforming Holtby which is a disingenuous statement just because Pittsburgh prevailed in the series. Don't equate team success with an individual outperforming another. There are many variables to be taken into account as to why Pittsburgh came out victorious, Holtby played excellently.

No  

It's about his teams coming up small.   Every single time. It doesn't matter who they bring in as coach or what good surrounding cast they bring in.   Every time. 

He's the captain. 

The other captain's team beat his.  Again. 

Ovechkin is Crosby's bitch.  Again. 

My god. Your EXACT statement was a rookie outperforming Holtby which is a disingenuous statement just because Pittsburgh prevailed in the series. Don't equate team success with an individual outperforming another. There are many variables to be taken into account as to why Pittsburgh came out victorious, Holtby played excellently.

Did you watch the series, who was the better goalie-- Murray or Holtby. Yes Pittsburgh beat Washington, but you put Fleury in instead of Murray do you really think Pittsburgh would have won the series, based on the way Fleury has played in the playoffs since they won the cup in 2009, I would say no. Whether you want to admit it or not, Murray was a BIG reason why the Pens are moving on to the conference finals.  Just so I'm clear for you, I can't stand either team so I'm not favouring the Pens over the Caps, I was hoping the Caps would have beaten the Pens because I hate them more but you can't deny the obvious that Murray played really well.

Murray, a rookie, beat him four games to two.  His post is in arguable, but I know you'll go another 20 posts trying anyway.  Attrition and all that. 

It's like you think the point isn't to win the series.  There is no Miss Congeniality award in hockey playoffs.  Win or go home and sit down. 

Murray 1

Holtby 0

Just now, Lindbergh31 said:

Did you watch the series, who was the better goalie-- Murray or Holtby. Yes Pittsburgh beat Washington, but you put Fleury in instead of Murray do you really think Pittsburgh would have won the series, based on the way Fleury has played in the playoffs since they won the cup in 2009, I would say no. Whether you want to admit it or not, Murray was a BIG reason why the Pens are moving on to the conference finals.

When did I ever say that Murray was not pivotal to their success in this series? I'm merely correcting your fallacious statement on him outperforming Holtby.

24 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

But he doesn't have the most wins in the series... He WAS outperformed.  Particularly 5 on 5. 

3 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

When did I ever say that Murray was not pivotal to their success in this series? I'm merely correcting your fallacious statement on him outperforming Holtby.

lol, he did outperform him! Now that the Panthers and Caps are out, who are going to cheer for, The Bolts!

1 minute ago, Polaris922 said:

But he doesn't have the most wins in the series...

You've been watching hockey for a long time to know that wins or not indicative of individual goaltending performance.

lol, he did outperform him! Now that the Panthers and Caps are out, who are going to cheer for, The Bolts!

Nah. I'd rather San Jose win. Thornton deserves it. Luckily, there is less of an abundance of Thornton haters then there are Ovechkin haters in this board. So I won't have to deal with them pests ;)

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Murray, a rookie, beat him four games to two.  His post is in arguable, but I know you'll go another 20 posts trying anyway.  Attrition and all that. 

It's like you think the point isn't to win the series.  There is no Miss Congeniality award in hockey playoffs.  Win or go home and sit down. 

Murray 1

Holtby 0

And it's like you equate team success with an individuals performance.

2 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

Nah. I'd rather San Jose win. Thornton deserves it. Luckily, there is less of an abundance of Thornton haters then there are Ovechkin haters in this board. So I won't have to deal with them pests ;)

Well as long as the Pens don't win then I don't care who wins. I'd like to see a team like San Jose or Nashville or St.Louis win, a team who hasn't won the cup yet.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here. Let's say if Holtby won 3 games in the series shutting out the Penguins in each game 5-0, 5-0, and 5-0 while Murray was the other goalie in those games. Then in the other 4 games the Penguins and Murray won by the scores 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0. Who was the better goalie in that series? Was it Murray who allowed 15 goals in 7 games or Holtby who allowed 4 goals in 7 games, but lost the series? Just playing Devils Advocate. :)

1 minute ago, SkyHigh30 said:

Just to play Devil's Advocate here. Let's say if Holtby won 3 games in the series shutting out the Penguins in each game 5-0, 5-0, and 5-0 while Murray was the other goalie in those games. Then in the other 4 games the Penguins and Murray won by the scores 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0. Who was the better goalie in that series? Was it Murray who allowed 15 goals in 7 games or Holtby who allowed 4 goals in 7 games, but lost the series? Just playing Devils Advocate. :)

The goalie who got 4 shutouts and 4 wins :)

The goalie who got 4 shutouts and 4 wins :)

So in this instance wins are the most important, but I here a lot of other fans(not you) argue about other trophies given out that they put way too much emphasis on wins. Just an observation that I find interesting.

Archived