Panthers New Look - Logo, Uniforms

hf101

Panthers New Logo  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like it?

• Yes
    • No

cj-8lfswkaekdmv-jpg-large.jpeg?w=487&h=3

Florida_Panthers_FB_Profile_Pic_180x180.

“The idea when we came into Florida and took responsibility for the stewardship of the franchise, was to start anew and create traditions that were unique to this new start,” Vincent Viola said. “I think the logo harkens to the vanguard of courage; the idea that you put a shield on the hockey uniform. It’s something to protect, but you also protect it. We wanted something that began a new tradition of winning and demonstrated courage and selfless dedication to a team pursuit of victory.”

“We wanted to really put a bold emphasis on the idea that this was a new era for the franchise,” added John Viola, who took the lead for his family in working with Reebok to bring the new uniforms to life. “It’s not necessarily a new direction, but a new evolution, a new maturity for the franchise.”

The new Panthers primary logo includes a more mature and stoic panther inside a shield with “Florida” set in a tab across the top of the mark. The primary logo will be used on the Panthers away uniforms. The same logo design will be on the front of the home uniforms with “Panthers” in the tab. The three primary colors for the new look logo and uniforms are Panthers Red, Panthers Blue and Panthers Flat Gold.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=884701

So what do you think, do you like them?  For me I really like the new stoic look.

Well it makes my tattoo obsolete! Nah just old school. Don't hate new design at least not as much as people on Facebook seem to. The venom! Do like the original better though. Nice that they ask the fans their opinion and than do what they like anyways! Nothing like fishing for an answer than do what they want anyways ha

3 minutes ago, ezlot76 said:

Well it makes my tattoo obsolete! Nah just old school. Don't hate new design at least not as much as people on Facebook seem to. The venom! Do like the original better though. Nice that they ask the fans their opinion and than do what they like anyways! Nothing like fishing for an answer than do what they want anyways ha

Hey @ezlot76 

Welcome!  Glad to have another Panthers fan here.

Old school is always cool.  :panthers:   

The original logo does make for a much better tattoo, but I think the new logo allows for flexibility in jersey designs - thus more NHL $$$.  

I do like the use of the different home ( Panthers ) and away (Florida ) logos too. It's a calm, cool, and sophisticated cat.   - Beware.  ;)

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

I kind of like it... reminds me of some of the European teams but without all the ads.

That was exactly my thought: the crest in particular looks like it's from soccer

I dig everything but the secondary logo that incorporates that stupid Florida state flag.

I love the crest it looks bad ass over the white and gold, i like the simplicity of single stripe. the piping on the numbers...this sings to my design sensibilities.  

the designers did a great job imo.

I'm going to vote no on this.  I'm not thrilled.  "Underwhelmed" i suppose would be a better word.  I suppose t's better than their current "lunging Cat" logo, but I dunno...makes them look like a college team (though I'll at least put them in the Ivy league)  

Gotta say I am a big fan of these uniforms...

and you should note that I know fashion:  I still wear Zubas and have a fresh cut "Pittsburgh Waterfall" on top in hopes they return to their glory days!!!

zubaz_ful.jpg

2 hours ago, murraycraven said:

and you should note that I know fashion:  I still wear Zubas and have a fresh cut "Pittsburgh Waterfall" on top in hopes they return to their glory days!!!

zubaz_ful.jpg

I've just been scarred for life.... :blushing:

3 hours ago, WingNut722 said:

I'm going to vote no on this.  I'm not thrilled.  "Underwhelmed" i suppose would be a better word.  I suppose t's better than their current "lunging Cat" logo, but I dunno...makes them look like a college team (though I'll at least put them in the Ivy league)  

just because your logo is awesome is no reason to hate! :5726ba4a2f0cc_nonono:

3 hours ago, murraycraven said:

zubaz_ful.jpg

I think I saw this guy walk out of a Western NY Applebee's and hop in a Lumina missing all its hub caps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2016 at 7:35 AM, ezlot76 said:

Welcome aboard! Always nice have someone new to talk hockey with!

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/3/2016 at 7:01 AM, hf101 said:

cj-8lfswkaekdmv-jpg-large.jpeg?w=487&h=3

Florida_Panthers_FB_Profile_Pic_180x180.

So what do you think, do you like them?  For me I really like the new stoic look.

Funny, both you and the article writer used stoic and that is honestly the first word that popped into my head when I first saw the new logo. This is a very classy, old school kinda look, really like it. The shield in the logo was a masterstroke, just sets off the whole thing very nicely.

On 6/3/2016 at 7:35 AM, ezlot76 said:

I'm late to the party, but a warm welcome, looking forward to your insights on the Panthers.

Archived