Canadiens deal P.K. Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

pilldoc

3 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

So lemme getthisright......

if weber retires, going into the 21-22 season, the preds still owe him almost 54 million, or is that was is on their books.

I'm not great at cap crap....

Yeah me either that is why i tagged @radoran is this he is better at this than i. Where is rad when needed probably off someone where enjoying a beer or two...dereliction of duty!!!

REPORTED!!!

But if so yikes Poile has to be livid at Paul Holmgren with this news.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I could be looking at that wrong though. But if not damn that is a dagger....

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think you're right.  And I think it was a deliberate poison pill by Holmgren.  And if it's a dagger, it's an exploding dagger.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think you're right.  And I think it was a deliberate poison pill by Holmgren.  And if it's a dagger, it's an exploding dagger.

Yes it seems that way it was so they wouldn't match it and in doing so it is going to backfire in the Preds face.

Wow.

This could be crippling for Nashville it seems for awhile.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

the gift that keeps on giving ..... talk about a hidden ticking time bomb!

The clock is about to strike 12 on the Preds .... those are some serious hideous numbers the Preds have to eat .....wow

I will bet that the NHL will find a way around crippling the Preds for averting the Flyers' attack.

None of these contracts are possible anymore.

Weber's contract - along with Pronger, Kovalchuk, Suter/Parise and the Crater/Richards deals - were among the worst attempts at circumvention.

There are others. See : Crosby, Sidney

We are still dealing with the time between when players could earn $10+M on the open market and where the Randians decided they had to impose artificial restrictions in the interest of unfettered capitalism.

The thing is that we are moving into a new NHL era where they are taking an NBA model and having superstar based teams over the team approach I have loved about the sport since 1980.

It is what it is. We are what we are.

Mahalo