Bruins Seguin Trade Video

AJgoal

So I posted this in the shoutbox, but figured I'd throw it in its own thread. It's an actual look inside an organization's upper management as they're deciding to move a player. I was surprised that absolutely nobody seemed to want to keep Seguin around:

I've seen this before...unbelievable how nobody sticks up for him. I know hindsight is 20/20 and Seguin needed a kick in the ass...but you'd think somebody in that org. would stand up and say "Wait a minute here..."

54 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I've seen this before...unbelievable how nobody sticks up for him. I know hindsight is 20/20 and Seguin needed a kick in the ass...but you'd think somebody in that org. would stand up and say "Wait a minute here..."

Yeah, we posted it awhile back.

I loved Neely as a player, but the management there is entirely too concerned with the "Bruins brand of Hockey"  or culture, or whatever...tough, not skilled is a preference. Entirely possible they omitted a lot of conversation, and I doubt they reached this decision in "minutes" as the narrator suggests.

But stupid is stupid.

58 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Yeah, we posted it awhile back.

I loved Neely as a player, but the management there is entirely too concerned with the "Bruins brand of Hockey"  or culture, or whatever...tough, not skilled is a preference. Entirely possible they omitted a lot of conversation, and I doubt they reached this decision in "minutes" as the narrator suggests.

But stupid is stupid.

Meanwhile in Philly they're still labelled as the Broad Street Bullies....name one "bully" on the team.

very interesting video..... I wonder how much sellers remorse Boston is having right about now.  It just proves that how different prospects progress and can flourish in a different system.  I would certainly classify Seguin as elite status and if given the opportunity I'm sure Boston would love to undo this trade.

I too do find it interesting that management was concerned too much with  "Bruins brand of Hockey"  I think team get so caught up in their own history and lose sight on how the game has changed over the past few decades. 

Archived