Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Flynn,Matteau

Markov-Weber

Beaulieu-Petry

Barberio/Pateryn-Emelin

Barberio/Pateryn

Price

Montoya

The top three lines are solid as long as Radulov can put up at least 50 points and Carr and andrighetto produce 10-15 goals each

But the real question is if Markov can handle the top minutes any longer. The likely candidate for the habs to go get is Fowler as he is a good puck mover that can play top minutes until Sergachev and juulsen are ready. But what would the ducks want in return? Condon is expendable but with bernier i doubt the ducks would be interested. So who should the habs go out and get and what should they give up. Or should someone in the system fill that role?

6 hours ago, MrDanglez67 said:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Carr-Plekanec-Radulov

Shaw-Desharnais-Andrighetto

Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Flynn,Matteau

Markov-Weber

Beaulieu-Petry

Barberio/Pateryn-Emelin

Barberio/Pateryn

Price

Montoya

The top three lines are solid as long as Radulov can put up at least 50 points and Carr and andrighetto produce 10-15 goals each

But the real question is if Markov can handle the top minutes any longer. The likely candidate for the habs to go get is Fowler as he is a good puck mover that can play top minutes until Sergachev and juulsen are ready. But what would the ducks want in return? Condon is expendable but with bernier i doubt the ducks would be interested. So who should the habs go out and get and what should they give up. Or should someone in the system fill that role?

Think Therrien will play Galchenyuk as 1st line C?

Its a shame really. He has done everything possible to hold back yuk, but his talent is breaking him through regardless.

Let's put it in perspective. Therrien LOVES Desharnais. It is blatant favoritism based on his language. Habs fans are baffled as to how he keeps giving Desharnais prime PP time over Galchenyuk, who he constantly shoved on the 2nd unit.

Habs fans were ecstatic that DD got injured because it FORCED Therrien to play Galchenyuk more. DD was injured from Feb 15th till March 24th. in those 17 games between, Yuk scored 13 goals. Mind you the entire team had all but quit by that point. but 13 goals in 17 games.....Management should be ORdering Therrien not to play DD on the PP or as anything but the 5'7 3rd line C he is. But he is the coaches boy. He can't play defense and is the smallest player in the NHL, but coaches boy gets prime minutes. Good lord. he scored 5 points total on the PP all year and STILL got 1st line PP minutes over Gally.

He also kept throwing Galchenyuk on wing, citing his lack of defense at C. Meanwhile, DD who sucks defensively gets time with Paccioretti????

There were times he had Plekanec centering Pacioretti and Galchenyuk and it was working, so Therrien was like "Crap, gotta break this up quick or I can't give my boy more icetime!"

I posted a ton of comments from the habs forum on here and they were priceless. None of them like DD as anything but 3rd line C, and none of them give a crap if a player speaks french as long as he can play and is given a fair shot.

If anything, I would not be surprised to see Pacioretty opening the season with Plekanec as his C and Galchenyuk getting a shot with Radolov.

Galchenyuk was doing well to start the season last year. 8 points in the first 10 games or something, but despite playing well, I remember seeing the coach constantly keeping his icetime down to 13-14 minutes a game. Mind you, he was not obviously giving DD icetime during that stretch either. The big guns of the team came out smoking, and he let them roll more.

P.S where in New brunswick are you from? I am a Moncton/Riverview born guy myself.

4 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Think Therrien will play Galchenyuk as 1st line C?

Its a shame really. He has done everything possible to hold back yuk, but his talent is breaking him through regardless.

Let's put it in perspective. Therrien LOVES Desharnais. It is blatant favoritism based on his language. Habs fans are baffled as to how he keeps giving Desharnais prime PP time over Galchenyuk, who he constantly shoved on the 2nd unit.

Habs fans were ecstatic that DD got injured because it FORCED Therrien to play Galchenyuk more. DD was injured from Feb 15th till March 24th. in those 17 games between, Yuk scored 13 goals. Mind you the entire team had all but quit by that point. but 13 goals in 17 games.....Management should be ORdering Therrien not to play DD on the PP or as anything but the 5'7 3rd line C he is. But he is the coaches boy. He can't play defense and is the smallest player in the NHL, but coaches boy gets prime minutes. Good lord. he scored 5 points total on the PP all year and STILL got 1st line PP minutes over Gally.

He also kept throwing Galchenyuk on wing, citing his lack of defense at C. Meanwhile, DD who sucks defensively gets time with Paccioretti????

There were times he had Plekanec centering Pacioretti and Galchenyuk and it was working, so Therrien was like "Crap, gotta break this up quick or I can't give my boy more icetime!"

I posted a ton of comments from the habs forum on here and they were priceless. None of them like DD as anything but 3rd line C, and none of them give a crap if a player speaks french as long as he can play and is given a fair shot.

If anything, I would not be surprised to see Pacioretty opening the season with Plekanec as his C and Galchenyuk getting a shot with Radolov.

Galchenyuk was doing well to start the season last year. 8 points in the first 10 games or something, but despite playing well, I remember seeing the coach constantly keeping his icetime down to 13-14 minutes a game. Mind you, he was not obviously giving DD icetime during that stretch either. The big guns of the team came out smoking, and he let them roll more.

P.S where in New brunswick are you from? I am a Moncton/Riverview born guy myself.

Yea I completely agree DD is my least favourite hab and if he wasn't French he would be deployed as he should be he is given every opportunity to excel and can't even put up 30pts while Chucky is played 3rd line minutes for the majority of the season produced 56 pts. It's the one thing I hate about Montreal no matter how good u are if there's a hometown boy he will be played more than you. 

And i I am from the Grand Falls area if u know where that is!

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

With luck Therrien will eventually be fired.

"We are a grinding team. Accept it!!"

I doubt Bergevin will get rid of therrien he's more likely to trade price than lose his foxhole buddy

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

ya but they're French Canadian.

Unfortunately, That seems to be a huge factor in their choice in coaches.

And who their coaches ice as a 1st line C. How much icetime does a 5"7 midget who sucks defensively get on any other NHL team?

Montoya is a HUGE under the radar signee in net, when Price went out the Habs sunk like the Titanic.

Radulov, well he cannot be worse than Semin. If he bombs this time his NHL career is over. I am convinced that he has the talent to be a top six winger in the NHL. Does he have the desire?

Plekanec is a 2C on the best day of his life, if Galchenyuk is able to fill the 1C role, they are a much improved team down the middle, it allows little Davey to slot into the 3C role that is his natural fit.

Shaw is the very definition of an overrated player, he scored what, 39 points playing on a line with Toews all year. He is an agitator but not very skilled. Terrible addition. Carr and Andrighetto in the middle six is a stretch, at least one will bomb out completely. And the 4th line is weak at best.

Weber for Subban, it changes the dynamic of the team, Weber has been a favorite if mine forever, a warrior but he has started to slow down, he was the second best defender on his own team last year. Markov clearly slowed last year, Petry was overpaid by a lot last year. The defense is thin.

It all comes down to Price yet again. This team with Price in the lineup can at least be competitive. But overall I think they have too many glaring holes to be considered a force in the East, healthy Price or not.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2016 at 4:48 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Unfortunately, That seems to be a huge factor in their choice in coaches.

And who their coaches ice as a 1st line C. How much icetime does a 5"7 midget who sucks defensively get on any other NHL team?

EFFFF IT

I am renaming Desharnais Napolean for all further talks.

Napolean will start on the 3rd line, but within 10 games, will worm his way back to the top 6 where he does not belong.

I HATE Therrien. he causes such a clusterf%$# with Fantasy choices. A Ham sandwich can see Galchenyuk's talent. But Desharnais got 2 minutes of PP time a game despite a 30 game streak with no PPP. WTF 2:18 PP minutes a game for a guy who consistently ruined the PP. Forcing Yuk to the 2nd unit.

Galchenyuk should be a shoe in Fantasy choice next to Pacioretti and Gallagher. but his potential ceiling is volatile based on coach hating him due to the double language barrier. it took an injury to Napolean to get Yuk icetime.

Napolean was injured from Feb 16th till March 24th return. Guess how much Yuk scored in that timeframe? They played 17 games without Napolean and Yuk scored......13 goals and 2 assists. not sure why such a large gap with assists, but 13 goals in 17 games......

• 1 month later...

Archived