Klefbom on Hall: "He never played his best games against the tougher teams"

JR Ewing

• 4 months later...

Drew Doughty, being asked today on what the biggest difference he sees in the Oilers than in the past:

"Their top guy plays defence now, not just worried about points".

Ouch...

On 8/3/2016 at 4:50 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

The on ice results will give us a clearer view next year I guess.

I personally am trying to figure out things so I know who to keep in NAHANA. Last year I was sure RNH would be traded for a D and Draisaitl was a must keep. Hall and Draisaitl seemed to have wicked chemistry.

Now things have flown asunder.

McDavid returned Feb 4th I think. In the 30+ games that followed, Draisaitl only had 11 points. Hall 15. I was sure his return would boost the team and force opposition to spread coverage over multiple lines. Instead, Draisaitl seemed to get demoted for RNH and production fell. Maybe Hall thrives on being the man? IDK.....

Former talk of "factions" in the dressing room is probably never going to be truly clarified unless someone goes full alpha male stupid ala Nick Diaz on the mic. All we can do is assume 2 + 2 = 5

Losing Klefbom was a major hit to an already weak D corps. Him healthy + Larsson and Sekera is a better top 4 than forcing guys like Fayne and Nurse into top pairing roles.

Talbot was solid despite an AHL level D in front of him. Lucic does not replace Hall, but he brings sandpaper and some scoring. Maroon was looking solid post trade.

I still stand by the Oil being much improved going into next year. We will see how Hall and the devils do compared to this year.

I am happy it turned out this way.

22 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Drew Doughty, being asked today on what the biggest difference he sees in the Oilers than in the past:

"Their top guy plays defence now, not just worried about points".

Ouch...

And the hits keep on coming lol.

51 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

And the hits keep on coming lol.

Doughty could have said the same thing about players like Jordan Eberle, who has made real strides in improving his all-around game. He's never going to win a Selke, but he's not blowing the defensive zone like he used to, has mostly stopped with the fly-bys, and has learned that forechecking, even if you're not crushing your opponent, has value.

Archived