The Jimmy Vesey Sweepstakes -Official: signs with Rangers

Paparanger

6 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Good to see him sign there?   Are you serious?  So its good that your most hated and biggest rival gets a young prospect?  Give me a  break.  So go cheer for them why don't you?  Ra Ra Rangers says Flyercanuck.  Its another example of a smaller market team, even one with alot of money behind them, my Sabres, getting snubbed due to the glamour of being in NY.  Well its not going to be a smooth ride  And Buffalo has much more talent that is growing than the Rangers and their money  They are the Yankees of the NHL and do not forget it.  When they pummel your Flyers will you still be patting him on the back?

DqIJ5Ex.jpg

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Wow someone woke up cranky this morning .... You know it is not a sin to acknowledge when another team (even a rival) makes a nice move/signing.  Sure blame the small market card .....maybe the fact is Vesey just does not like Applebee's / Wings / and the cold bitter winters of Western NY or Sabre fans driving Luminas.

:goodjob:

42 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I hope your minnows enjoyed their swim in the finals.  Their last for some time no doubt.  We will pummel them as usual

You really should try doing some research before making such an idiotic statement.  The Sharks have a nice mix of seasoned vets (Thornton and Marleau)  and younger players In net, I'll take Martin Jones over any of the Sabre netminders every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Martin Jones recorded an excellent rst season for the San Jose Sharks, both in the regular season and the playoffs. When the Sharks paid a 1st round pick for Jones, they knew what they had and he's now their starting goalies for years to come.  Jones has now faced over 2500 shots in the NHL.  All indications show that Jones is the real deal.  Something the Sabre's do not have.

The Sharks did not have to make major changes over the off season.  Schlemko > than Roman Polak. Mikkel Boedker was signed as a free agent and takes the roster spot of Dainius Zubrus.. This gives the Sharks a little bit more depth in the lineup, something they were missing in the Cup Final.

On defense the emergence of Vlasic-Braun as a showdown defensive pairing is allowing Deboer to give Burns all the offensive freedom he deserves and thus has become an offensive juggernaut. It also helps that Burns has a responsible defensive partner in Martin.

The Hertl / Thornton / Pavelski line will generate the offense simply because Deboer trusts the 3rd and 4th line in playing the tough difficult minutes against the opposing teams better players.  Pavelski had and outstanding SH% last year which was slightly higher than his career SH%.  There is no reason to expect less than 25G / 37A for 62 pts on about 240 SOG.

The Sharks are built for a constant SCF Cup Run for the next couple years.  Something the Sabre's are only fantasizing about right now.

Oh and by the way..the Sharks and the Sabres split their 2 games last year..not exactly "pummeling them as usual"

20 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I wont argue that they have a quality netminder and I have no idea how good Lehner will be?  But in a tough West I say they do not make it back soon.  Thornton and Marleau?  Overated both

Well Thornton may be overrated, but he had more points for less money than your top centre. So what's that make O'Reilly?

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

O'Reilly did not have the veteran presence around him. It makes him a superstar.  I will take O'Reilly right now over that bearded fish.

Veteran presence...like Thornton brings?

Archived