The "Yay, I'm Crowing" and "Dam I'm Griping" Fantasy Hockey 2016-17 Thread

TropicalFruitGirl26

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I have Hellebuyck, so at least I can root for him to get a 40 save shutout without worrying about Bergeron's production.

I'd settle for hoping winnipeg let's in less than 4 goals. So far in 2 games 4 and 5 goals :P

but the season always starts like this for many teams. high flying blow all your energy in the first 20 games and then.................silence

Congrats to @hf101 for the victory over me this past week.  Connor McDavid's 26 pts and Brad Marchand's 23 pts and I having a brain freeze and sitting Anderson pretty much did me in.  I won't make the same mistake twice.

Besides I learned from last year...its not how you start...but how you finish which is what matters.  Not pushing the panic button yet on Sharp. 

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Congrats to @hf101 for the victory over me this past week.  Connor McDavid's 26 pts and Brad Marchand's 23 pts and I having a brain freeze and sitting Anderson pretty much did me in.  I won't make the same mistake twice.

Besides I learned from last year...its not how you start...but how you finish which is what matters.  Not pushing the panic button yet on Sharp. 

Ahhh, I see what you did there...... :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

Panik.jpg

On October 16, 2016 at 7:41 PM, pilldoc said:

Sorry Rux for delayed response. On the road heading home. Still have another 5 hrs to go. Was stuck in 90 min traffic jam on i81 near Lexington , Va. Due to 3 traffic accidents. Errrrrr

Will look at tomorrow.

Only 90 minutes??!  I swore I made a bigger mess than that when I ran those three guys down... 

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Saturday is upon us. Make or break day for most pools!

Yeah and sadly I am down 2 players.  Sharp is now IR and Hossa is DTD.  I'm down 17 pts to @yave1964. Has been a close match but missing 2 players is gonna hurt.  Sadly I may be looking at 0-2 in All Star League.

In Conn Smythe I have a tough match up with @EDI-Flyer with again Sharp on IR and Rask DTD with general soreness.  I'm currently up 131-119, but as you know things can change very quickly. Hopefully Rask will be in the pipes tonight or it will come down to Sunday.  I really like my Conn Smythe team.

For next week here is my starting line-up:

SLOT

PLAYER, TEAM POS

ACTION

GAMES: OPPONENTS

GP

G

A

+/-

PPP

SHP

GWG

FOW

HAT

SOG

HIT

BLK

TOT

AVG

%OWN

+/-

C

Claude Giroux, Phi C

5: @Mon, Buf, Ari, Pit, @Car

C

Sean Monahan, Cgy C

4: @Chi, @StL, Ott, Wsh

LW

Alex Galchenyuk, Mon LW, C

4: Phi, @NYI, TB, Tor

+0

LW

David Pastrnak, Bos LW, RW

3: Min, @NYR, @Det

+27.1

RW

Alex Ovechkin, Wsh RW, LW

3: @Edm, @Van, @Cgy

+0

RW

Jordan Eberle, Edm RW

3: Wsh, @Van, Ott

+2.6

D

P.K. Subban, Nsh D

3: @Ana, @LA, @SJ

+0

D

Kevin Shattenkirk, StL D

3: Cgy, Det, LA

+0

D

Justin Faulk, Car D

3: @Det, NYR, Phi

+1

D

Cam Fowler, Ana D

3: @SJ, Nsh, Cls

+34.7

UTIL

Ryan O'Reilly, Buf RW, C

4: @Phi, Min, Fla, @Wpg

+3.3

Bench

Jeff Carter, LA RW, C

4: Cls, Nsh, @StL, @Chi

Bench

Erik Johnson, Col D

2: Wpg, @Ari

+12.9

Bench

Paul Stastny, StL C

3: Cgy, Det, LA

+14.1

IR

Bryan Little*, Wpg C  O

4: @Dal, Dal, @Col, Buf

SLOT

PLAYER, TEAM POS

ACTION

GAMES: OPPONENTS

GS

W

GA

SV

SO

TOT

AVG

%OWN

+/-

G

Tuukka Rask, Bos G  DTD

3: Min, @NYR, @Det

+0

G

Cam Talbot, Edm G

3: Wsh, @Van, Ott

+10.2

Bench

Petr Mrazek, Det G

4: Car, @StL, Bos, Fla

@pilldoc

Wow Carter on the bench with a four start week. I know that your other centers all have four plus games as well but Carter has some seriously good matchups. One heck of a good team there sir.

Yeah I was just tellin' the wife that I cannot shake you this week in the ESPN league. Boychuk with a freaking shorthanded game winner last night, GRRRRRR! I had the game on (the Wings were at intermission) when he scored and I about threw the remote, lol. His first short handed goal of his career. Good luck the rest of the way, it is a good matchup and will likely go down to Sunday.

17 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Boychuk with a freaking shorthanded game winner last night, GRRRRRR!

LOL and to think I dropped Boychuk in both the All Star and Conn Smythe Leagues for next week.  Maybe I ought to re-think my strategy. ;)

One heck of a good team there sir.

Thanks!   We will see how this team shakes out as the year progresses.  I drafted middle of the pack for Conn Smythe and the players were available .  Just proves how good all the GM's in the All Star League are.  Matching wits with some of you is a real challenge.  We all have well balanced teams. 

Yeah I was just tellin' the wife that I cannot shake you this week in the ESPN league. Boychuk with a freaking shorthanded game winner last night, GRRRRRR! I had the game on (the Wings were at intermission) when he scored and I about threw the remote, lol. His first short handed goal of his career. Good luck the rest of the way, it is a good matchup and will likely go down to Sunday.

Ha, I dropped Boychuk yesterday morning in the philly.com league, and since it didn't exchange out till today I got credit for the shortie and now lead @Mad Dog  :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

Both the Bolts earlier this week and the Nashville Predators yesterday failed me in the AS League. Grrrrrr.......

I have today and tomorrow, but still, I probably should have had a decent lead by now.

But I sit 14 points behind The Whiskey Sticks

Like others have said though....it's make or break Saturday...

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Both the Bolts earlier this week and the Nashville Predators yesterday failed me in the AS League. Grrrrrr.......

I have today and tomorrow, but still, I probably should have had a decent lead by now.

But I sit 14 points behind The Whiskey Sticks

Like others have said though....it's make or break Saturday...

I got lucky that you only made up 2ish points with a couple extra players last night. You still have a couple man games on me through the rest of the week, but one of those is Bishop Dubnyk, who probably won't play back to back.

Hmmm. Nice finish to the week in NAHANA.

Nice finish to the week in my work league.

ESPN is another matter. Even after winning, I checked the scores to see who else  would have beat and the answer is, barely anyone. Was just lucky my opponent had a worse week. All things relative, Happy to be 2-0, but definitely need some improvements.

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

What can I say??  0-2 in All Star.  It is what it is....

However, 2-0 in both Conn Smythe and Jack Adams.

Sorry Doc. My boys came up big in the All Star league leading the league in scoring after laying a bomb week one, planning upon defending my title.

Nahana, won 8-5 but face a stiff competitor in last years champ who if anything is stronger.

In Philly I won 17-3, three years in a row President trophy, one championship and two losses in the finals, sending a message that this is my league to win this year, no offense to @hf101 but I want plan on collecting all the money this year.

And irrelevant in here, but my fantasy football league (same bunch of guys for 24 years we even still do live drafts even in the Commish basement/man cave) I won handily there too as Hill and Ajayi made up for Manning laying a bomb.

AND my wife is 2-0 in her league, she kept hoping to catch Doc for high points of the week but overall is pretty satisfied and even claimed Dubinsky, her favorite player off waivers.

So this week was a good week here in central Ohio fantasy wise. Hope to keep it up.

8 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Sorry Doc. My boys came up big in the All Star league leading the league in scoring after laying a bomb week one, planning upon defending my title.

No  apologies needed.  I tried to catch up but to no avail. Kind of hard to win when you get a grant total of 8 points between Hossa and Sharp (IR) . Plus Sharp went on IR at start of week.  Carlson struggling surprises me a bit.   Still not hitting the panic button yet, but I need a must win this week.

Trade in all Star League.

Jamie Benn + Neuvirth comes to me. MAF and Pastrnak goes to Bambi.

gives me a strong scoring LW who takes faceoffs and a goalie dump, gives him the monopoly on the cup winning teams goalies and a hot youngster.

Holtby + Talbot seem to be doing well, so I feel comfortable making this trade

9 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Trade in all Star League.

Jamie Benn + Neuvirth comes to me. MAF and Pastrnak goes to Bambi.

gives me a strong scoring LW who takes faceoffs and a goalie dump, gives him the monopoly on the cup winning teams goalies and a hot youngster.

Holtby + Talbot seem to be doing well, so I feel comfortable making this trade

This one looks really good for you.  I'm not sure i even keep Neuvirth, and i still like it for you . 

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

This one looks really good for you.  I'm not sure i even keep Neuvirth, and i still like it for you . 

I didn't want to get pushy and ask for Schneider ^_^

Getting Benn alone helps me out since I have Holtby and Talbot guarding the net.

Yeah, Neuvirth is likely a dump for another waiver option.

Archived