The "Yay, I'm Crowing" and "Dam I'm Griping" Fantasy Hockey 2016-17 Thread

TropicalFruitGirl26

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Tied with philly legend for 1st in all stars with a 7-3 record. Leaf nation right behind us with 6-4 and then we have 5 people with a 5-5 record!

I just knew this year was gonna be a dog fight among us......

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, pilldoc said:

That was the intent of phase 1.  phase 2 shall have each of the bantam leagues just as competitive.  :thumbsu:

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

That was the intent of phase 1.  phase 2 shall have each of the bantam leagues just as competitive.  :thumbsu:

Look, when I'm tied for 4th, something is wrong.

Gripe:

Ben Bishop has gone down, and @Bakanekimiwa has Vasilevskiy, which means he automatically has a number one goalie!

A bit of a Crow, however:

In watching the DET-TB game and seeing BOTH Bishop and Howard go down (!!), and after immediately failing to get Vasy (for the reason mentioned above), during the game, I took a MAJOR chance and snagged Petr Mrazek to replace Bishop on my roster.

With Howard also going down, chances are, Mr. Mrazek will get the bulk of the starts with Jared Coreau backing him up.

Now...this could work out great for me..........cept Mrazek hasn't been that good for most of the year.

Personally, I think he still is a good goalie and the Detroit defense in front of him hasn't helped him much.

Maybe now with Howard completely out of the way for the foreseeable, Mrazek will finally remember he IS an NHL number one now and play like it!

Even if Detroit's defense doesn't improve, there is a chance Mrazek can garner points from making lots of saves and stealing a game here and there....................at least I hope so....

On 12/19/2016 at 3:16 AM, EDI-Flyer said:

Congratulations to rux on a hard fought battle, he pushed me all the way. Finally squeaked home by 3 points thanks to Erik Karlson having a big night.

Yeah, I have him in NAHANA.   Pretty much single-handedly won me the week in one league and killed me in another.

Thanks.  I honestly wasn't expecting to even be "in" it.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:08 PM, pilldoc said:

hence the reason I dropped him weeks ago .....

Well, whether I like it or not, I am stuck with Mrazek.

Bishop will be down at least a month, Mrazek is now the full time goalie in Detroit, and my other option at the time, Mike Condon, although he and his team have been doing well, simply don't inspire confidence for me. 

I am still waiting for the wheels to fall off in Ottawa.

Crow:

I can't believe it.

I KNOW he isn't what he used to be and that there are more dynamic players on the San Jose Sharks now, but there he was....just sitting....all lonely with a "Take Me Home" sign on the waiver wire in the All Star League......... none other than SJ centerman, Jumbo Joe Thornton.

Snapped him up with the quickness of a pregnant woman at a pickle shop...and very surprised no one challenged me on the waiver claim too.

Guy has been somewhat steady...and lately, even pretty good...and his team is sitting in 1st place.

Here is hoping JoeT (the real one, not the rabid fan one on here :ahappy: ), brings me some points!

40 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crow:

I can't believe it.

I KNOW he isn't what he used to be and that there are more dynamic players on the San Jose Sharks now, but there he was....just sitting....all lonely with a "Take Me Home" sign on the waiver wire in the All Star League......... none other than SJ centerman, Jumbo Joe Thornton.

Snapped him up with the quickness of a pregnant woman at a pickle shop...and very surprised no one challenged me on the waiver claim too.

Guy has been somewhat steady...and lately, even pretty good...and his team is sitting in 1st place.

Here is hoping JoeT (the real one, not the rabid fan one on here :ahappy: ), brings me some points!

Joe Thornton had 16 points in the first 29 games last year. He finished top 5 in scoring with 82 points. I can't believe someone dropped him.

I considered picking him up, but to choose to drop Barkov/Scheifele/Eichel types.......

4 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Joe Thornton had 16 points in the first 29 games last year. He finished top 5 in scoring with 82 points. I can't believe someone dropped him.

I considered picking him up, but to choose to drop Barkov/Scheifele/Eichel types.......

Well, in that case, here is hoping someone else's short sightedness is my gain.

Even if JoeT isn't overly productive, I have some pretty good wingers and center men on my team now where he doesn't have to carry the Blades. :5726b5f801048_cooldude:

what the hell.....so is everyone on my All Star team gonna be listed DTD?  :mad: i swear to god...do Hossa is still hurt and Marchessault and pick up Backlund and Z. Smith.  And now they are both listed DTD! :rage:

This is getting ridiculous!!!!

On 12/19/2016 at 1:56 PM, pilldoc said:

The fantasy hockey gods have FINALLY smiled on me just a bit. I've lost like 3 contests by a margin of a few points. I've been absolutely screwed on the goalie front as I missed the draft time. I'd be crushing this league if i had decent goalies ;) If vasiline can catch fire... i'll be golden. 

Crow: Narrowly edged out Philly Legends in All Star, but a win's a win, and that means I swept the season series from him and I own the tiebreaker!

Also, despite the fact that Ben Bishop's injury left me scrambling, and Petr Mrazek, Bishop's replacement, doesn't seem to have the confidence of Detroit management, I decided to give ol Ryan Miller a shot this week....and the guy gets me a solid win to start me off.

Not bad.

Now...this IS Ryan Miller, so this "Crow" could turn into a "Gripe" if he doesn't perform consistently or Vancouver decides they want to give Jacob Markstrom more starts.

Either way, as long as Miller can play like he has been recently, it should allow my team to tread water till Bishop gets back.....errr, provided Bishop still has a starting job...Vasilevskiy, with several good outings, might make it difficult to give the starting job back to Bish.....

At any rate, keep up the good play, Miller............ HJ would be proud. :)

5 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crow: Narrowly edged out Philly Legends in All Star, but a win's a win, and that means I swept the season series from him and I own the tiebreaker!

Also, despite the fact that Ben Bishop's injury left me scrambling, and Petr Mrazek, Bishop's replacement, doesn't seem to have the confidence of Detroit management, I decided to give ol Ryan Miller a shot this week....and the guy gets me a solid win to start me off.

Not bad.

Now...this IS Ryan Miller, so this "Crow" could turn into a "Gripe" if he doesn't perform consistently or Vancouver decides they want to give Jacob Markstrom more starts.

Either way, as long as Miller can play like he has been recently, it should allow my team to tread water till Bishop gets back.....errr, provided Bishop still has a starting job...Vasilevskiy, with several good outings, might make it difficult to give the starting job back to Bish.....

At any rate, keep up the good play, Miller............ HJ would be proud. :)

I hope Miller gives up 10 goals every remaining start this week :P

Good match this week Bambi.

I hate it when this happens because you had a score that would have beaten ANYONE else but me and WhiskeySticks.

I keep my league lead at 9-4 while a few people move up to 8-5

I lead the league in point for and I am 3rd in points against, In points against, it seems Yave and JR are the two getting pounded

7 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Wait, I have to get beat up by @pilldoc in Conn Smythe again?

Good luck, pilldoc.   Tell me when it's over.

Good Luck Rux! 

Here's to a great match between us ... :toast:

PS .. Look at that ..you already have an early lead on me :)

(6-6)ruxpin .
(9-3) pilldoc
Adjust Scoring
BPCP 
Top Scorer:
V. Trocheck  9.8  
BBQ
   Top Scorer:
  A. Ovechkin 11.8

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Good Luck Rux! 

Here's to a great match between us ... :toast:

PS .. Look at that ..you already have an early lead on me :)

(6-6)ruxpin .
(9-3) pilldoc
Adjust Scoring
BPCP 
Top Scorer:
V. Trocheck  9.8  
BBQ
   Top Scorer:
  A. Ovechkin 11.8

You know what a lead on Monday gets you?   A loss in the electoral college on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

My team stinks this year.  :rage:

I have little confidence that I can even get to 6th place. 

My team is like a yo-yo. ....up....and ...down......up.....and .....down ...... if the season ended today...I'm outta of the playoffs....

Archived