The "Yay, I'm Crowing" and "Dam I'm Griping" Fantasy Hockey 2016-17 Thread

TropicalFruitGirl26

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Let me just say, I have no idea how ESPN is slotting players. Since when is Panarin a center? He's not even listed as a center on their own Blackhawks roster page...

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Yeah, ESPN returns them to their default natural position, often going by their draft page. Its the same with a lot of players

Yea, most annoying actually.

This didn't bother me so much last year, when I was still new to this whole FHL thing...but now that I know a bit better, I can see why this is bothersome.

Not sure how Yahoo does it with NAHANA, but ESPN eventually ADDS eligibility to certain players based on how they are actually being played throughout the year.

Still though, it is kinda frustrating when a player you would have drafted or otherwise acquired earlier in the season you end up passing on due to eligibility....only to have that player become eligible for the slot he should have been eligible all along, but then of course, someone ELSE has gotten ahold of him.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as of right now, I'm taking a hit on both LW and Center, since centers typically get more points I would usually play two plus one in the util, but in order to play Panarin, he takes up a center slot or the Util. You have the same issue with Forsberg.

4 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, most annoying actually.

This didn't bother me so much last year, when I was still new to this whole FHL thing...but now that I know a bit better, I can see why this is bothersome.

Not sure how Yahoo does it with NAHANA, but ESPN eventually ADDS eligibility to certain players based on how they are actually being played throughout the year.

Still though, it is kinda frustrating when a player you would have drafted or otherwise acquired earlier in the season you end up passing on due to eligibility....only to have that player become eligible for the slot he should have been eligible all along, but then of course, someone ELSE has gotten ahold of him.

Yahoo for the most part, once eligibility is given, was forever. until this year. They had a mass culling of dual eligible players because it had gotten a bit ridiculous.

NAHANA isn't as affected by it since we have C, C, LW, RW, F, F, Util.

My work league on the other hand, got smashed with this change since we run a strict C, C, RW, RW, LW, LW with no utility spot. you can only have 2 C's at a time, so a lot of C's losing winger eligibility hurts. I relied more on the sameday tool for my work league this year to draft a 3rd C who plays more on the uncommon Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun since Tue, Thu, Sat are always saturated.

4 hours ago, AJgoal said:

And as of right now, I'm taking a hit on both LW and Center, since centers typically get more points I would usually play two plus one in the util, but in order to play Panarin, he takes up a center slot or the Util. You have the same issue with Forsberg.

We had an in depth discussion on lowering or removing the faceoff win category to nullify this annoyance. We eventually agreed to drop it from 0.20 points per FOW to 0.10 points per faceoff win, so the difference won't be as extreme as last year between wingers and Centers

Report from the Minnesota Wild practice today:

Devan Dubnyk came up " a bit lame" to the point where Boudreau was worried.

But towards the end of practice, he seemed "ok", and the coach (and fantasy owners such as myself) breathed a sigh of relief.

Duby IS expected to start against the Blues for Thursday's opener.

All is well.

It better be......   :ermm:

Hmm. Bergeron day to day. Missing the Columbus game, so swapped him out in all-star. Debating leaving him in in my other league, if he plays in Toronto and has a big game, that's huge points since there's nothing to average against it. But if he doesn't play, or he has a bad game... Decisions...

@pilldoc   Does anyone know whether someone is manning the store at Team Baker (Conn Smythe) or is that team on autopilot (it was Crazy Rick's team).  I have/had a trade sent to it and suddenly remembered who it was.   I'll just pull it down if it's GhostTown.

my wife has taken over a team (drafted by @hf101) in the Adams division. It is about time, she has helped me a bit with my Nahana team for years now and has just been too afraid to take over her own team but she will do fine.

Oh, and @hf101 after looking over her roster, good lord do me a favor, draft all of my teams next year would ya? Wow is Julie's roster (Lady Lex is the name of her team) stacked.

10 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

my wife has taken over a team (drafted by @hf101) in the Adams division. It is about time, she has helped me a bit with my Nahana team for years now and has just been too afraid to take over her own team but she will do fine.

Oh, and @hf101 after looking over her roster, good lord do me a favor, draft all of my teams next year would ya? Wow is Julie's roster (Lady Lex is the name of her team) stacked.

I winged it as usual,  LOL.  

We'll see her next year in the All Star League, however she was already trying to trade Staal for Dubinsky.   :blink[1]:

But seriously, there was only 4 of us drafting live,  I'm really glad she took the team.  

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I never got conformation I was taking that team, I agreed to do it if HJ did not come back though. Am I doing this? lol...

If you are, I don't see why it's necessary for you to know. 

45 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If you are, I don't see why it's necessary for you to know. 

ha, don't know how to take that, but sorta necessary to actually tell the person he's taking over, no?  lol

I will have to file this away under the swarm category, although in my defense, it did seem straight forward.

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

@pilldoc   Does anyone know whether someone is manning the store at Team Baker (Conn Smythe) or is that team on autopilot (it was Crazy Rick's team).  I have/had a trade sent to it and suddenly remembered who it was.   I'll just pull it down if it's GhostTown.

Sorry Rux for delayed response. On the road heading home. Still have another 5 hrs to go. Was stuck in 90 min traffic jam on i81 near Lexington , Va. Due to 3 traffic accidents. Errrrrr

Will look at tomorrow.

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I never got conformation I was taking that team, I agreed to do it if HJ did not come back though. Am I doing this? lol...

Sorry Jammer I was informed you were taking team and thus I sent you an invite.  Do you still want the team???

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

ha, don't know how to take that, but sorta necessary to actually tell the person he's taking over, no?  lol

I will have to file this away under the swarm category, although in my defense, it did seem straight forward.

Oh, I just meant that you should know...phrased in a sarcastic/smarmy way.

Man, came out on the wrong end of a great matchup this week. Came down to me having Gibson and Vatanen for Anaheim and ALdd for NYI, vs. Tavares, Perry, and Halak. If Anaheim wins, I likely take the matchup. Hats off to Leafs Nation for pulling one out, even with Crosby out.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Man, came out on the wrong end of a great matchup this week. Came down to me having Gibson and Vatanen for Anaheim and ALdd for NYI, vs. Tavares, Perry, and Halak. If Anaheim wins, I likely take the matchup. Hats off to Leafs Nation for pulling one out, even with Crosby out.

Is the first matchup over tonight or is it a two-weeker to open?   I thought it was two weeks, but it doesn't look like that on the ESPN page.

I'll be getting my first win of the year against my old rival from the Bantam last year who moved up to All Star along with me, Jon Gordon and his Philly Legend team.

Goaltending wasn't "great" for me by fantasy standards, but they did just enough.

The real stars on my team this week were Steve Stamkos, Victor Hedman, Brent Seabrook, and the underrated Troy Brouwer.

The Philly Legend team DID have goalie issues with Carey Price going on injured reserve and Tuuka Rask now DTD.

But I'll take the week's win any way I can get them.

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'll be getting my first win of the year against my old rival from the Bantam last year who moved up to All Star along with me, Jon Gordon and his Philly Legend team.

Goaltending wasn't "great" for me by fantasy standards, but they did just enough.

The real stars on my team this week were Steve Stamkos, Victor Hedman, Brent Seabrook, and the underrated Troy Brouwer.

The Philly Legend team DID have goalie issues with Carey Price going on injured reserve and Tuuka Rask now DTD.

But I'll take the week's win any way I can get them.

My goalies sucked. But I pulled the come from behind win thatnks to a 15+ point night by ROR

Now I play an unfamiliar opponent in Bambi on ice

8 hours ago, AJgoal said:

I get TFG this week. Having Bergeron back and Panarin's position updated should help significantly. Assuming he actually starts to produce.

May the best squad win.

There will certainly be some interesting matchups because we not only seem to have a number of players going head to head on the actual ice sheet, but we also share players from the same teams in some instances.

Those types of matchups, to me, are the hardest to game plan for.

We will see what happens, and yes, getting back Bergeron will be huge for you. I was kinda hoping he'd stay out at least ONE more game (tonight).... ;)

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

May the best squad win.

There will certainly be some interesting matchups because we not only seem to have a number of players going head to head on the actual ice sheet, but we also share players from the same teams in some instances.

Those types of matchups, to me, are the hardest to game plan for.

We will see what happens, and yes, getting back Bergeron will be huge for you. I was kinda hoping he'd stay out at least ONE more game (tonight).... ;)

He is out tonight. They're projecting him to play Thursday. Debating keeping him in, or going with Konecny.

Archived