The "Yay, I'm Crowing" and "Dam I'm Griping" Fantasy Hockey 2016-17 Thread

TropicalFruitGirl26

Sent out a couple offers to GM's in the All Star League via private message.....will deal with whomever has the better deal and/or is the quickest to respond.

If no takers, I can still go into next week with what I have.

Open for business.

For others I did not send a note to, have a look at my updated trading block on the ESPN league page, and if something interests you, send me a note and see if it flies.

:)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I have a surplus of centers in the All-Star Fantasy League. I need D-men and wingers if anyone wants to trade.

I have some decent wingers available. But who are the C's available?

Ill take a look and get back to you

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Sent out a couple offers to GM's in the All Star League via private message.....will deal with whomever has the better deal and/or is the quickest to respond.

If no takers, I can still go into next week with what I have.

Open for business.

For others I did not send a note to, have a look at my updated trading block on the ESPN league page, and if something interests you, send me a note and see if it flies.

:)

James Neal on your untouchable list?

20 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I have a surplus of centers in the All-Star Fantasy League. I need D-men and wingers if anyone wants to trade.

I had a look. I don't feel a trade looking at the names, if only because I also have a surplus of C's and I didn't see a fair swap that made me feel it.

But looking at your team I have to wonder why you say you need Dmen. Karlsson/Byfuglien/Doughty is a pretty potent trio.

I am rolling a top 4 of Klingberg, Fowler, Ristolainen and Wideman haha

Well, barring a complete collapse by my guys, some crazy production out of my opponents' guys, and a meteor hitting the Earth sometime this afternoon, my Green Star Blades should win out against Bakanekimiwa's Bakanekimwas.

I lead 142.7 - 103.8 going into today's final match up, and I have a 7 skater + 1 goalie to his 3 skater advantage for today's games.

Feeling good about my chances to up my record to 2-1 and then turning my full attention to one of my FHL mentors:

@J0e Th0rnton and his Halifax Sharknados!

Be ready Joe!

The Green is Mean, and are comin for ya! :lol:

8 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, barring a complete collapse by my guys, some crazy production out of my opponents' guys, and a meteor hitting the Earth sometime this afternoon, my Green Star Blades should win out against Bakanekimiwa's Bakanekimwas.

I lead 142.7 - 103.8 going into today's final match up, and I have a 7 skater + 1 goalie to his 3 skater advantage for today's games.

Feeling good about my chances to up my record to 2-1 and then turning my full attention to one of my FHL mentors:

@J0e Th0rnton and his Halifax Sharknados!

Be ready Joe!

The Green is Mean, and are comin for ya! :lol:

If my goalies can pull the come from behind victory, yay! 

20 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Yeah I get my 1st win in All Star League.

@ruxpin

Was a close match much of the week as we were neck and neck for most of the week.  Good Match!

Oddly, it was the first match I lost, but also the first match I actually enjoyed.

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Good luck this week TFG :)

I barely pulled a victory out this week. Jammer managed to tie me in NAHANA and it was a good one.

Lost my work league this week..........

Same to you my friend.

I "circled" this match up on my schedule.

Always good to see where I am against an FHL vet who helped teach me the ropes.

If certain players do what I think they will this week, I like my chances.

But you, sir, are one sneaky GM....I do NOT take you lightly in the least, despite your losses this past week! :ahappy:

On October 31, 2016 at 10:49 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Same to you my friend.

I "circled" this match up on my schedule.

Always good to see where I am against an FHL vet who helped teach me the ropes.

If certain players do what I think they will this week, I like my chances.

But you, sir, are one sneaky GM....I do NOT take you lightly in the least, despite your losses this past week! :ahappy:

Neck and neck going into Thursday with scores that would be leading. Against all but one crazy guy with 90 points :)

4 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Neck and neck going into Thursday with scores that would be leading. Against all but one crazy guy with 90 points :)

Yes.

One question though...and I noticed that JUST NOW...

I thought you were 3-0 winning your last match up by 0.4 points?

Just looked at the overalls, and I see you are listed at 2-1 and you had LOST the last match up 160.1 - 157.5...difference of 2.6.

Looks like there were 3 pts added to your opponent. Was there some stat that was not calculated till later for your opponent?

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yes.

One question though...and I noticed that JUST NOW...

I thought you were 3-0 winning your last match up by 0.4 points?

Just looked at the overalls, and I see you are listed at 2-1 and you had LOST the last match up 160.1 - 157.5...difference of 2.6.

Looks like there were 3 pts added to your opponent. Was there some stat that was not calculated till later for your opponent?

Maybe there was a stat correction I guess. Happens. I won my work league based on a stat correction for Brent Burns last year lol

56 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Maybe there was a stat correction I guess. Happens. I won my work league based on a stat correction for Brent Burns last year lol

Ahh, ok.

Well...in that case, instead of playing to try and square my record with yours, I can play to get AHEAD of you in the All Star Standings now... :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

@J0e Th0rnton

Well, we've been at each other's throats all week long.

Neither of us could take any real lead and keep it and now we enter the final day separated by a mere 4.1 pts, currently in my favor.

Gonna come down which players are on their game today. Simple as that. Everything seems about even right down to the man games remaining.

I believe Cam Talbot WON'T be playing for you today, leaves you with no goalies...I already had no goalies going today.

Dennis Wideman has been a healthy scratch so he may not play for you....leaves you with 5 skaters today.

I will have 5 skaters as well (6 if Nick Ritchie, who has been DTD, plays)....so there we have it. 5 aside.

That all said, you have three guys who could potentially net you MULTIPLE points: MacKinnon, Scheifle, and Benn.

Those three have more potential than any single one of my guys I have going...Rick Nash being my best bet for multi-points.

My breakdown is 4 forwards, 1 D-man (Adam Larsson).

Yours is 3 forwards (the big three mentioned) and two D (Fowler, Faulk)....assuming Wideman is scratched again.

Will certainly be interesting today.

GL to ya...just not too much. ;)

Curious about a trade that was never made in All Star......but would like to know what others think:

Team A trades:

Auston Matthews (C) + Henrik Zetterberg (C,LW)

And for that,

Team B trades:

Filip Forsberg (C,LW) + Brent Seabrook (D) + Johnny Boychuk (D)

Again, these players are no longer being traded for each other, but it was proposed at one point and was very, very curious as to what ppl thought were the dynamics of this and which seems like the better deal.

I know lots of other things factor in, like actual team needs and hot/cold streaks, but on the surface?

Whaddya all think?

Would have been a win for Team A in a one year League.  In a Keep League Matthews will be a bonafied star.

There is no doubt Matthews will get points , but as a rookie in a 1  year league.....Since his 4 goal debut night...he has only scored 2 more goals since then.  It will take time for him to get adjust to the NHL as teams learn to defense him.

IMO, Team B should be glad that trade did not go down as I think they would have been giving up to much.  As I mentioned before, in a keeper league, a totally different story.

Just my 2 cents

14 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@J0e Th0rnton

Well, we've been at each other's throats all week long.

Neither of us could take any real lead and keep it and now we enter the final day separated by a mere 4.1 pts, currently in my favor.

Gonna come down which players are on their game today. Simple as that. Everything seems about even right down to the man games remaining.

I believe Cam Talbot WON'T be playing for you today, leaves you with no goalies...I already had no goalies going today.

Dennis Wideman has been a healthy scratch so he may not play for you....leaves you with 5 skaters today.

I will have 5 skaters as well (6 if Nick Ritchie, who has been DTD, plays)....so there we have it. 5 aside.

That all said, you have three guys who could potentially net you MULTIPLE points: MacKinnon, Scheifle, and Benn.

Those three have more potential than any single one of my guys I have going...Rick Nash being my best bet for multi-points.

My breakdown is 4 forwards, 1 D-man (Adam Larsson).

Yours is 3 forwards (the big three mentioned) and two D (Fowler, Faulk)....assuming Wideman is scratched again.

Will certainly be interesting today.

GL to ya...just not too much. ;)

Good match TFG. Came down to the wire as a measly 2 points. Both our teams sucked sunday with the exception of Scheifele for me and that was the difference. Could still be reversed with a single stat correction lol.

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Good match TFG. Came down to the wire as a measly 2 points. Both our teams sucked sunday with the exception of Scheifele for me and that was the difference. Could still be reversed with a single stat correction lol.

Yep. Nail biter all week.

It was a hearbreaker for me.

Like you said, Scheifle was the only one who "came through" on Sunday.

Had ANY of my guys, any of them, gotten me a goal, or even just another assist, it would have been the other way around.

One of the bad things about having teams with players on both working against each other like I had in that Cgy-Ana game.

Get some points at the expense of the others getting minuses....

At any rate, since I hung in there with a good FHL player like you, I feel I can hang with ANYONE now. ;)

Bad News --- Lost to FD in All Star. Now sitting at 1-3. :( Just having a rough year so far.

Good News --  4 game win streak in Conn Smythe to start season at  4-0 :)

Heartbreakering News -- in a real close match after starting the week almost down 50 to @yave1964 wife, I claw my way back and lose a heartbreaker by 5 points.  Please tell your wife Lady Lex, congrats....I thought I almost got the win.  I still like my Jack Adams team and now I stand 3-1.

5 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Bad News --- Lost to FD in All Star. Now sitting at 1-3. :( Just having a rough year so far.

Good News --  4 game win streak in Conn Smythe to start season at  4-0 :)

Heartbreakering News -- in a real close match after starting the week almost down 50 to @yave1964 wife, I claw my way back and lose a heartbreaker by 5 points.  Please tell your wife Lady Lex, congrats....I thought I almost got the win.  I still like my Jack Adams team and now I stand 3-1.

@pilldoc

This is Julie @yave1964 wife. Wow that was close!! I was feeling pretty good and then I started getting pretty nervous yesterday. I was afraid to look so I had my husband look at my score. What a relief!! Thanks for a great game!

Archived