The "Yay, I'm Crowing" and "Dam I'm Griping" Fantasy Hockey 2016-17 Thread

TropicalFruitGirl26

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

@ruxpin

I know we were opposing in this election, but you don't have to like that my teams are off to a slow start!!  

LOL.  No, it was more, "I feel your pain!" 

Nahana:  My record is okay so far, but I fear it's smoke and mirrors.

Conn Smythe:  So far, I'm entirely disinterested, to be perfectly honest.   I'm used to chess, and I feel like I'm playing checkers (although not well).

Just put up C- Sam Bennett (Cgy) and RW- Jakub Silfverberg (Ana) on the trading block in All Star.

If anyone is interested in either, let me know who you would part with to get them.

Right now, I don't think I have any big glaring needs, but will entertain an offer if the player being offered is at least one I like.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Just put up C- Sam Bennett (Cgy) and RW- Jakub Silfverberg (Ana) on the trading block in All Star.

If anyone is interested in either, let me know who you would part with to get them.

Right now, I don't think I have any big glaring needs, but will entertain an offer if the player being offered is at least one I like.

Thanks.

Two guys who were on waivers a few weeks ago :P

#@%$ &*#" %$!# 

AKA the words you utter when your top center goes out for the foreseeable future. Get well soon Steven Stamkos.

The only silver lining is having Drouin on your bench and hoping he again steps up in the absence of Stamkos as he did in last seasons playoffs...

16 minutes ago, EDI-Flyer said:

#@%$ &*#" %$!# 

AKA the words you utter when your top center goes out for the foreseeable future. Get well soon Steven Stamkos.

The only silver lining is having Drouin on your bench and hoping he again steps up in the absence of Stamkos as he did in last seasons playoffs...

I feel your pain....

But even though I too have him on one of my FHL teams, I am talking more in terms of the actual Lightning not having him by what many consider this to be the season (with Bishop likely on his last run with the club) the Bolts have the BEST chance to take it all.

Will be harder to do now being down not only Stamkos but Stralman as well, for the foreseeable.

But yea, in terms of my ESPN All Star team, this hurts too! :mellow:

Grrrrrr...

Gripe:

Zach Parise is driving me flippin nuts in All Star!!

First he is injured (but not severely, so he can't go on IR) so he is DTD, which means I have to sit him and wonder...then he IS injured enough to go on IR.

Then he comes back, I play him, he is ok....then he gets an illness, goes BACK to DTD, making me wonder whether or not he will be good to go this coming week for matches starting tomorrow.

Then, just now, he IS ready to go...his status is no longer DTD.

Arrrghh.

He BETTER not go DTD on Tues or Wed again.

He has 4 games this week and I need his offense.

I feel like I should play him even though I run the risk of him going DTD again.

If I DON'T play him, he will probably rack up the goals, and maybe a hat trick, and I get to watch him tally up the points......from my bench.. :5726ba4a2f0cc_nonono:

Bah, who am I kidding...as long as he is available, I HAVE to play him. Top line player, top PP unit player, 4 games this week...and against tough opposition (Dal, Wpg, Pit, St.L)...which usually means he raises his game!

My teams really stunk last week.  Horrible.  

Philly.com league I was in 1st place, but after losing 17-1 versus @yave1964 I've dropped to 3rd.  :rage:

NAHANA  I'm still making a steady drop to be the league's worst team, now 2nd from the bottom after losing 12-2 vs @TropicalFruitGirl26  :572958dbdbdef_bonkingheadonwall:

I've now dropped to 2nd from the bottom also in the HF.net All Star league as well as my team has earned it's 4 loss of the season to the 3rd worst team,    :Whiney:

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

My teams really stunk last week.  Horrible.  

Philly.com league I was in 1st place, but after losing 17-1 versus @yave1964 I've dropped to 3rd.  :rage:

NAHANA  I'm still making a steady drop to be the league's worst team, now 2nd from the bottom after losing 12-2 vs @TropicalFruitGirl26  :572958dbdbdef_bonkingheadonwall:

I've now dropped to 2nd from the bottom also in the HF.net All Star league as well as my team has earned it's 4 loss of the season to the 3rd worst team,    :Whiney:

Carter was insane for me against you this week, I do not remember ever seeing a player with three GWG in a week to go along with 60 faceoffs. I think he is rated the number two guy in fantasy right now. I went in very weary of your goaltending, what killed you there is all three of your goalies played in the same three days and you did not have a shot at picking up an extra goalie start anywhere. I even sat Holtby and Hellboy on Sunday. Your team is too good and it wont be the same the next time we meet, but this was my revenge for besting me in the championship last season.

@hf101

Well, you know, in NAHANA, even though I think I would have had the week's match up already won (mostly due to the goalie categories which were already sewn up 5-1 prior to Sunday), there were a number of offensive categories that were very much in doubt and could have gone either way.

A goal here and assist there in your favor and the score could have been a lot closer than 12-2.

Basically, your team made somewhat of a late charge in offensive categories that made me a bit nervous, so there is that.

Same with @yave1964 over in All Star who I nudged out by not too much.

Lundqvist NOT winning his game coupled with Rakell's goal in the Anaheim game pretty much ensured I won the week.

Very entertaining week from both you gentlemen. Makes me realize I can never just "mail in" my line ups if I wanna keep winning!

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Jeff Carter was my MVP this week vs. @JR Ewing with 43 Fantasy Points ...wow is all I can say....I am now back at 0.500 at 3-3 with my win over JR.

Oh, come on now, Doc.

Leave poor @JR Ewing alone....he just had his dream fellow Oiler poster turn back into a gnarled, silly pumpkin.

The man has suffered enough without you rubbing FHL salt in the wound... :shifty:

Gripe:

In other news, Mika Zibanejad, who has been very good for my NAHANA Ice Kickers (and indeed, has been having a good overall season for his NY Rangers), suffered a nasty looking bone break during the game against Panthers yesterday.

I know most Flyer fans won't feel too sorry for the Rangers losing one of their better players, but it's just a shame he will miss time (they are saying 6-8 weeks) when he was doing so well since being acquired from Ottawa for Derick Brassard.

And he isn't easily replaced on my NAHANA team either.... :ermm:

NAHANA:    I went back and forth switching Monahan and JT Miller to start tonight. I finally left it with Monahan starting. So JT Miller gets a short-handed game winning goal. I can't win this year

nahana owners:

If you are looking at your roster and see too many keepers and no way to keep them, feel free to send me an offer for either my first rounder OR a combo of my second/third. I knopw it is way early but the offer is on the table now to get something for someone you are bound to lose anyway. Just thinking outside of the box

10 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Amazing Given how bad my goalies played.

I did not even notice you forfeited the goalie cats due to not having 3 starts.

WTF

Billy Elliott has pretty much lost the starting job and Mrazek is having a tough go as well.

Add Bernier to the mix and, well, I'm pretty much screwed for goalies.

Should get starts out of Mrazek and Bernier this weekend as both have B2Bs.

On November 22, 2016 at 8:26 AM, yave1964 said:

nahana owners:

If you are looking at your roster and see too many keepers and no way to keep them, feel free to send me an offer for either my first rounder OR a combo of my second/third. I knopw it is way early but the offer is on the table now to get something for someone you are bound to lose anyway. Just thinking outside of the box

I'll be considering that closer to the deadline

19 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Absolutely understandable, the earlier the deal the bigger the return I can give tho.

Hurry @J0e Th0rnton.  He's going to be showing them to a lovely couple from Akron later this evening, so the offer may not be available tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hurry @J0e Th0rnton.  He's going to be showing them to a lovely couple from Akron later this evening, so the offer may not be available tomorrow.

And if he trades me McDavid for a first, I will gladly throw in a slightly used set of Ginsu steak knives......And the leftovers from an Amway kit that I was talked into about ten years that is still sitting on a shelf of the basement.....

7 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

And if he trades me McDavid for a first, I will gladly throw in a slightly used set of Ginsu steak knives......And the leftovers from an Amway kit that I was talked into about ten years that is still sitting on a shelf of the basement.....

Throw in a box of reticles and you may sway him to deal yet............ :)

Reticles.jpg

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Lol. Rux offered me Smith and someone for McDavid the other day.

I just didn't respond.

If I trade a keeper caliber player, it won't be him

Archived