Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
ScottM

Gretzky Never Did This

ScottM    656

933c0520a1bf90fc27a37ab772f7a165_crop_no

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Last night, Connor McDavid accomplished an offensive feat that not even the great one ever pulled off in Edmonton. He became the first player in Oilers history to record consecutive three point games to start a season. The Next One?

• Like 2

flyercanuck    6,440
27 minutes ago, ScottM said:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last night, Connor McDavid accomplished an offensive feat that not even the great one ever pulled off in Edmonton. He became the first player in Oilers history to record consecutive three point games to start a season. The Next One?

He was already The Next One five years ago.

ScottM    656
On 10/15/2016 at 11:51 AM, flyercanuck said:

He was already The Next One five years ago.

The thing is, back then, it was nothing but hype. It's very early, but he's already giving us indications that he's a true generational talent. We've seen plenty of hyped guys not pan out in the past. He appears to be the real deal.

WordsOfWisdom    827
On 10/15/2016 at 0:23 PM, ScottM said:

933c0520a1bf90fc27a37ab772f7a165_crop_no

Hidden Content

The clock is ticking. I'd say the Oilers have ~5-6 years of McDavid before he marries a Hollywood actress, moves to LA (to escape the Edmonton fishbowl of course), and gets traded to the Kings***.  :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

***Anaheim and San Jose are also viable options as well. 

• Like 1

flyercanuck    6,440
53 minutes ago, ScottM said:

The thing is, back then, it was nothing but hype. It's very early, but he's already giving us indications that he's a true generational talent. We've seen plenty of hyped guys not pan out in the past. He appears to be the real deal.

While I get what you're saying, McDavid had generational talent, not just hype, labelled on him since he was about ten. 

• Like 1

AJgoal    2,668

It all depends on whether the Flyers trade Manning to Calgary.

ScottM    656
1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

While I get what you're saying, McDavid had generational talent, not just hype, labelled on him since he was about ten. 

But you have to remember that as a Sens fan, I think of Alexandre Daigle. He was that kind of player, and there was absolutely no way he could possibly miss... We could've drafted Pronger or Kariya...

flyercanuck    6,440
Just now, ScottM said:

But you have to remember that as a Sens fan, I think of Alexandre Daigle. He was that kind of player, and there was absolutely no way he could possibly miss... We could've drafted Pronger or Kariya...

Daigle was never Mcdavid. Ever. McDavid loves hockey. Daigle had talent, but he never really wanted to play.

ScottM    656
Just now, flyercanuck said:

Daigle was never Mcdavid. Ever. McDavid loves hockey. Daigle had talent, but he never really wanted to play.

I definitely get that. I'm just saying that when it comes to my personal analysis of a player as an NHL talent, that's why I don't care what anyone thinks about them until they actually get to the show. Of course, it has to be said that I'm looking at this as a fan and not a scout, which is certainly not the same thing.

Good catch and thread, Scott! :cheers:

And McDavid performed this incredible feat right after 

a season in which he missed 37 games from injury. 

Very Lemieuxesque. :redhockey:

And he did this not long after Jack Eichel said he was 

better than Connor. Very McDavidesque. ;) 

CM > JE on PPG this season and in their rookie campaigns.

What's incredible to me too are all the times I've seen

McDavid set his teammates up so well but they don't convert. 

Edanl    7

I think that he is the next Wayne Gretzky and he proved it in his amazing year of 100 points and it's only his second year. In my opinion, if he will continue like that he will have the amazing career and will be considered in the same category as Sydney Crosby and Wayne Gretzky. He already compared to them and rightly and he is the pride of Canadian hockey. I predict for him a great career and I think that he has no limit to what he could achieve because of his amazing talent and abilities.