2016-17 Season Thread

MadDevil

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If you mean who has what picks, go to capfriendly.com , click on a team, and across the top, it shows what draft picks they have for the upcoming three seasons.

Devils look to be in good shape there....provided they scout and draft well of course.

I was curious about who was available in  those drafts. The Devils may be able to parlay some of those picks into other draft years! 

And you are a gem of a member! (I know you are getting of looking things for me!) Like always it is appreciated! 

@notfondajane

Hmm...WHO is actually available, I couldn't tell ya.

I don't follow juniors or the NCAA close enough for that.

Maybe some others here who follow players when in their teens can help.

Look in the forums under Prospects and Draft, see who posts there, those guys are likely to know better who may be available in any given draft.

Back to the business of the Devils...

10th straight loss, this time to lowly Arizona, 5-4.

I stand by the fact that the Devils do have something to look forward to if they scout and draft well, however, this season, well, it may as well be advance exhibition season now, as NJ is probably best served playing as many of their young talent as possible to see what they really have now....and also, giving Kinkaid more playing time, thereby saving wear n tear on Cory Schneider on a definite lost season.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@notfondajane

Hmm...WHO is actually available, I couldn't tell ya.

I don't follow juniors or the NCAA close enough for that.

Maybe some others here who follow players when in their teens can help.

Look in the forums under Prospects and Draft, see who posts there, those guys are likely to know better who may be available in any given draft.

Thank you! 

On 2017-03-11 at 6:35 AM, MadDevil said:

This team sucks. 9 straight losses going into tonight. If they lose it would be back to back losses to Colorado and Arizona. Of course this is the year they completely bottom out, when there's no McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Laine, etc. Wonderful timing as always.:rage:

Maybe they could land Taylor Hall?

(sorry about that)

7 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Maybe they could land Taylor Hall?

(sorry about that)

I feel sorry for Hall. Years of losing in Edmonton and now he's on another team that's losing, while his old team is headed to the playoffs. 

I do think the future isn't quite as bleak as it looks now, it's just frustrating to see them backslide instead of building off a better than expected year last year. It would have been nice to see them turn Zajac's best season in years into at least some meaningful hockey late in the season. Also, it would have been nice if Cammalleri didn't apparently forget how to play hockey. He's been a massive disappointment and I'd try to trade him this summer if possible. His contract might make that difficult though.

Archived