You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

TropicalFruitGirl26

NHL Depth Chart Sites

Depth.png

I posted a question about good sites for NHL depth charts in the chat box, but thought it would be better in a thread so as not to clog the shout box with discussion on it, plus as a thread, it could serve as information to others who may be wondering the same thing either now or down the road.

Anyways, I'd like some sites that the posters here use and trust as accurate, up to date, and just generally reliable on how NHL teams line up forwards, defensemen, etc....and maybe even what the depth of an organization is really like from the top line / top pairing guys down to the minor league prospects, and in what order (more or less) they rank.

I've tried a few, rotoworld, roster resource, for example, but I keep finding errors in things such as players WAY out of positions (such as Antoine Roussel playing 1st line minutes while Jamie Benn, in the same position, playing 2nd line minutes), to other oddities such as Jason Spezza being listed as a RW only.

This is frustrating to me.

I know there is a wealth of information out there, and eventually, I will find it.

But I am hoping some of you here can help shorten that journey for me, so I can focus on more fun stuff like actually seeing and then trying to forecast myself, how teams use or may use certain players based on accurate info.

Also, like I said, this could help EVERYONE by having a single place where such info can be found.

Thanks to all.

Oh, and BTW, in case anyone was wondering, the above pic was taken from the Edmonton Journal.

Not knocking them as they focus on the Oilers...but obviously, I would like sites that are more NHL encompassing.

:)

LINKS GATHERED SO FAR:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

@TropicalFruitGirl26

IMHO there is absolutely none better than eliteprospects.com for up to the minute rosters/transactions. Keep in mind, they have not only the NHL and AHL and other pro North American teams, but they also have the European teams as well so it takes five minutes to learn to navigate if you are not interested in that kind of thing. Halfway down on the left is a list of the  NHL teams and right below that is the AHL clubs as well. Eliteprospects can be your friend, lol. That is the singly best for current rosters.

As far as lines and starting goalies, none are better than dailyfaceoff.com for up to date info. Especially fantasy wise, if you have Grubauer and Holtby for instance, it gives up to date info on the starter, it also lets you know if Backstrom is bumped down a line or anything like that. Great site.

Hidden Content

and I also like 

Hidden Content

for fantasy lines and starting goalies.

• Like 1

To add on to the info being listed, I also like / use:

Hidden Content

A wealth of information at your fingertips.  At times, I must admit, it seems like informational overload, but none the less, a very good site.

Wow guys, thanks.

Some of these I've never even heard of, but show good promise.

Keep'm coming.

I will update my OP with the links as you guys bring them in.

I will likely settle on just one (two if one specializes more on fantasy lines and another on prospects not yet in the NHL), but I think it may help others who perhaps are seeking the same and they will have several to choose from all in one place.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

To add on to the info being listed, I also like / use:

Hidden Content

A wealth of information at your fingertips.  At times, I must admit, it seems like informational overload, but none the less, a very good site.

I like this site for the "wealth of information" rather than specifically the lines.

Like, for example, take a look at the lines for the Flyers.   If you didn't follow the Flyers regularly, you might come away with some goofy ideas for fantasy.   But I love a lot of the other info.

I don't think the line information is better/worse than other sites, though.   Ultimately, the line combo thing is a little bit of a crap shoot.

6 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I use this instead...

Hidden Content

Thanks, Crease.
This one has been my go-to for fantasy purposes and just general info for awhile.
I have added it to the link collection.

• Like 1