Marian Hossa nets his 500th career goal

yave1964

Okay I am a week or two late with this but still......

Hossa scored his 500th career NHL goal on the 18th of October against the Flyers. The class act was as usual humble after.

"I never thought I would one day play 1,000 games or reach 500 goals or get to 1,000 points. That was something I never thought about. If somebody would tell me that, I would say, 'Yeah, right. You're crazy.'"

From the Senators where he was with a team that consistently was a President Trophy candidate and then a quick out in the playoffs to the ThrashersImage result for marian hossa thrashers for Danny Heatley, to the Penguins th?&id=OIP.M8da5df8cf7ac4bd4943a6c655fb9along with throw in Pascal Dupuis and a near miss with the Pens, from there a one year deal in Detroitth?&id=OIP.M3e6f016ae47e44f3db4d691ac000 and yet another near miss. At that point he was beginning to resemble Brian Propp who lost five Stanley cups without ever winning one.

That changed when he signed with Chicago and won the cup his first year there, his third straight Stanley Cup final with three different teams tying a record.

500 goals, 1000 points, three Cup wins inth?&id=OIF.Xvo1MPUtpWvc3uPmIFah4w&w=300& Chicago. A classy player who has a rep as being well loved by his teammates and respected throughout the league. A sure fire lock for the Hall when the time comes. Well deserving of the props coming his way, albeit a bit late for his 500th career goal and all that he has accomplished.

19 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

It was nice to see him finally win something. :)

I think he was on Ottawa's 2007 Cup losing team as well. That would mean losing in the Cup final three times. It all balanced out in the end.  

No, he was with the Thrashers by then, traded away for Heatley.

Archived