10 - 0 loss... seriously?

BluPuk

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

Holy moly! How do you explain such a route? 10 - 0 for the Jackets? Unbelievable. I have no idea how that could happen:hocky:

This one is quite simple, actually:   I started Montoya in fantasy.

Is there really any other explanation needed?

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

My guess is goals will be hard to come by tonight. Not a fan of playing a team that was routed in their previous game...at any level.

The Flyers have to be on their "A" game for their game against the Canadians! 

If the Habs don't show a better performance tonight against Philadelphia, I would question Theirren as coach!

As a coach how do you leave your goalie in for all 10 goals? Therrien must not give a **** about Montoya's confidence or dignity.

Safe to assume the Habs will come out flying tonight. Neuvirth better be ready for a shooting gallery.

18 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

The Flyers have to be on their "A" game for their game against the Canadians

If the Habs don't show a better performance tonight against Philadelphia, I would question Theirren as coach!

I'm assuming that was a typo? Please don't lump all us Canadians in with the Canadiens !  LOL

I watched this "game" (for lack of a better description), and for whatever reason, the Habs skaters just were NOT ready to play.

With the exception of maybe two or three MTL players, everyone wearing a white sweater last night looked like they were basically floating around the ice.

Not saying Al Montoya should be completely blame free for some of those goals, but the bottom line was, his guys left him high and dry with WAY too much speed, time, and space being allowed to the Blue Jackets attackers.

As to how a team like CLS, who are NOT known for their offense, were able to run up a score like this?

Pretty simple.

This is the NHL. On any given night, if one team comes out not ready to play, the other will simply run them over...and I don't care WHO it is doing the running over.

Team A isn't ready, Team B is...then Team B is gonna hand it to'em every time...badly too.

Honestly, the way the Habs skaters played, it wouldn't have mattered if it was Carey Price in net.

Oh wait, maybe the score would have "only" been 6-0 or 7-0 with Price in net.......

Shameful, Habs, shameful.

But yea, they should be ready tonight. I believe they are awake now....

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

As a coach how do you leave your goalie in for all 10 goals? Therrien must not give a **** about Montoya's confidence or dignity.

Safe to assume the Habs will come out flying tonight. Neuvirth better be ready for a shooting gallery.

Had it been Price, he would have been pulled.  No repeat of Patrick Roy.

Montoya still should have been pulled, but I guess the decision was made that if the team wasn't going to play that they wouldn't expose Price to it and keep him fresh for tonight.

That, or they asked Price to go in and he said, "#### you, stupid ##### #######!"

15 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

But yea, they should be ready tonight. I believe they are awake now....

They were 9-0-1 and BOTH goalies were playing lights out.  The skaters really may have thought they could just mail it in.

Awake now.    Yes.

Columbus has quietly been playing some good hockey in spite of several key pieces (Dubinsky, Jenner, Atkinson) putting up poor numbers. This was insane tho.

I did not watch it but kept turning over to the game when the Wings and Jets were at intermission, the Canadiens looked as if they were in a no contact practice. Simply no life whatsoever. This was Columbus second game at home after the grueling California road trip, looks like they have settled in.

Guys, at one point, when the camera panned to Scott Hartnell (after his goal I believe), he had this look on his face like, "Dam...is anyone over there gonna play tonight or what??"

I am sure Hartnell, like any other player, loves to get goals and will take them any way he can, but he didn't celebrate his goal too much (if at all) due to the game being so out of hand already.....but yea, he honestly had a look on his face that seemed to give the Habs a "WTF!" type look to'm.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

My guess is goals will be hard to come by tonight. Not a fan of playing a team that was routed in their previous game...at any level.

The Flyers have to be on their "A" game for their game against the Canadians! 

If the Habs don't show a better preform

The Blue Jacket fans must have tinnitus from the damn cannon firing off so many times.  :63:

I can just imagine Therrien's 2nd Intermission pep talk ....."Don't worry guys, they have to run out of energy sometime."

43 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

The Blue Jacket fans must have tinnitus from the damn cannon firing off so many times.  :63:

I can just imagine Therrien's 2nd Intermission pep talk ....."Don't worry guys, they have to run out of energy sometime."

With a couple "Atta Boys, go get'm" thrown in too?

In French of course....

13 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Goals were there... the goalie wasn't -- maybe Hakstol should have started Mason

With a SV% of .706, Neuvirth had a worse performance against MTL tonight than Montoya had against CBJ last night (SV% of .750)

Archived