Torts not happy (again)

Samifan

Good for Torts. They were flat as a pancake last night. The Blues simply wanted it more than the Jackets did. It happens a lot, a team blows out a club one night and leaves it all out there and come out with nothing the next night. A young club like the CBJ needs to catch hell sometimes. Not a big fan of Torts but he is a good fit in Columbus right now.

• 2 years later...

@OccamsRazor

You beat me to this one. Wow. I am a huge Torts fan (the wife and daughter have an autographed pic with him that my wife thinks is super cool, she rates him as her third favorite CBJ behind Dubinsky and Jenner) because so many coaches and players give cookie cutter answers to everything while he speaks his mind. THIS however, calling out a player by name as his team is in the middle of falling out of the race down the stretch defies logic to me. I am not arguing the merits of Duclair, hel, everything he said is probably true and I have read the same or worse in fan sites but the coach should not say this about a player down the stretch.

An aside, Panarin sat last night for being 'sick' which I find a bit like Ottawa sitting Duchene to protect their asset as the deadline approaches. Columbus has a couple of days off, I would not be surprised if he is gone before the play another game. Rumors out of Columbus is Boston is making a serious push for him.

28 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

@OccamsRazor

You beat me to this one. Wow. I am a huge Torts fan (the wife and daughter have an autographed pic with him that my wife thinks is super cool, she rates him as her third favorite CBJ behind Dubinsky and Jenner) because so many coaches and players give cookie cutter answers to everything while he speaks his mind. THIS however, calling out a player by name as his team is in the middle of falling out of the race down the stretch defies logic to me. I am not arguing the merits of Duclair, hel, everything he said is probably true and I have read the same or worse in fan sites but the coach should not say this about a player down the stretch.

An aside, Panarin sat last night for being 'sick' which I find a bit like Ottawa sitting Duchene to protect their asset as the deadline approaches. Columbus has a couple of days off, I would not be surprised if he is gone before the play another game. Rumors out of Columbus is Boston is making a serious push for him.

Yeah I am sure everything he said was pretty much true but no way he can air that dirty laundry, you keep that behind closed doors.

The only thing I can figure was he is using this as the vehicle to try and get through to the kid.

However now you have completely devalued him for any type of trade now.

The GM has to be pissed he did this.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

An aside, Panarin sat last night for being 'sick' which I find a bit like Ottawa sitting Duchene to protect their asset as the deadline approaches.

TMI?

Torts on Panarin’s absence and his attempt to end speculation that he was held out for a possible trade: “He sh it his pants. He was puking. He was doing everything. So enough.”

Archived