God bless Bryan Bickell

jammer2

Horrible news out of Carolina a few hours ago. Canes power forward Bryan Bickell has been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. There is no known cure, and speculation has him missing at least the rest of this season while he starts the treatment process. His career may be over. Very sad, who can forget the magical run he had for the Hawks a few years back....he had an outstanding playoffs. Just gonna say some prayers for Bryan and his loved ones at this very hard time in his life.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/hurricanes-bryan-bickell-diagnosed-with-multiple-sclerosis/

@jammer2

I was just going to come in here and post this and saw that you beat me to it, thank you. Thoughts going out to him, I remember that absolutely amazing playoff series against the Hawks where Bickel was such a commanding presence. It hits close to home, I have mentioned in here previously that my wife suffers from MS, we know first hand how it comes and goes that there is no rhyme or reason and no way of knowing sometimes from day to day or minute to minute what and if you are going to be going through. The thought if playing Hockey through this is almost impossible to believe, he is now a new hero in our home and we are rooting for him. All is now forgiven for wrecking our Wings upset bid a few years ago.

• 4 months later...
On 11/11/2016 at 6:38 PM, jammer2 said:

Horrible news out of Carolina a few hours ago. Canes power forward Bryan Bickell has been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. There is no known cure, and speculation has him missing at least the rest of this season while he starts the treatment process. His career may be over. Very sad, who can forget the magical run he had for the Hawks a few years back....he had an outstanding playoffs. Just gonna say some prayers for Bryan and his loved ones at this very hard time in his life.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/hurricanes-bryan-bickell-diagnosed-with-multiple-sclerosis/

Praying for the guy. Tough to see.

Archived