Why are Peter Chiarelli and Todd McLellan so Dumb?

Parture

I still prefer my barbaric method which is to trade the players at the bottom of the list for +/-.

So this entails trading Letestu (-21 last season), Eberle -6 this season, Draisaitl -6 this season, and Nurse -6 this season. When you get rid of the bottom players, it makes life easier for the other players. RNH is hopeless too at -4. Every year their career +/- gets worse and worse. Klefbom at -2 will catch up to them soon enough.

This unholy trinity of 666 is why the Oilers fail.

Pretty sure Darnell Nurse is burning himself out playing too much Call of Duty, he doesn't have any energy to play good hockey.

8 hours ago, Parture said:

So this entails trading Letestu (-21 last season), Eberle -6 this season, Draisaitl -6 this season, and Nurse -6 this season. When you get rid of the bottom players, it makes life easier for the other players. RNH is hopeless too at -4. Every year their career +/- gets worse and worse. Klefbom at -2 will catch up to them soon enough.

This unholy trinity of 666 is why the Oilers fail.

I see what you did there.  :devil:

Would you say they're worse than the Leafs "-100" line of Phil Kessel, Tyler Bozak, JVR, Dion Phaneuf, and Matt Hunwick?

(I think that was the group from two years ago.) :)

-100 means they suck. No doubt about it.

I've taken a lot of flack for my original position of valuing +/- above all else. Then I considered or even switched over to GF% and CF% but I believe the problem with these two figures is that they have a low correlation of significance to Win%. The best thing is and always will be +/- (in context of course). And have 3 good lines leaving the 4th line to be a brawler line. Oilers had 3 good lines but went away from it. Return to 3 good lines.

Lucic-McD-Ebs (trade Ebs -6; Ebs was the cause of losing at least 3 games)

Poul-RNH-Kass

Maroon-Drais-Pulju (trade Drais -6)

Lander-Letestu-Pitlick (replace them with Benson, Caggiula)

Klefbom-Larsson (trade Klefbom, terrible career +/-; he was the cause of losing 4 games)

Russell-Sekera (trade for a player with a big slap shot)

Davidson - Gryba (trade Nurse -6 so he can play more Call of Duty; he was the cause of losing at least 3 games)

Archived