A Sign from God - The Unholy Trinity of Eberle -6, Nurse -6, Draisaitl -6

Parture

Nurse is too focused on Call of Duty, hence his -6 this season and -21 career. I would be too. Call of Duty is way more fun than hockey. He doesn't have enough energy to play hockey after playing Call of Duty 12 hours a day. Draisaitl's career at -25 and -6 this season shows he absolutely useless unless he has a good compliment on his line with Maroon and Puljujärvi to help him and even then I am not sure. Lucic doesn't produce unless he is with McD. Lucic and Draisaitl are not a good fit. Eberle has always been useless with his career -57 and -6 this season. Klefbom is another piece of the nightmare because at least 4 games Oilers lost were directly attributable to Klefbom not clearing the puck which he could have easily done. Klefbom is a lost cause at -33. Every year these specific players their +/- gets worse and worse. If Oilers are serious about winning they need to trade the bottom +/- players. Oilers have nobody who can produce a powerful snap shot from the blue line. Trade Sekera to get that d-man with the big slap shot. Gryba is too slow.

8 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

Geez, did Eberle **** in your cornflakes or something?

Worse, MUCH worse....

Eberle is a minus player for all but ONE of his seasons in the NHL with Edmonton.

The cornflake thing....that...well, THAT can be forgiven...

But career -57 and already -6 THIS season?

Nope. For that....for that....he must be excommunicated... :shifty:

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

No offense, especially coming from a fellow negative nellie,  but are you ever positive? 

I'm positive when there is something to be positive about. Delusional positivity is delusional and all untruths eventually break down to harm you.

@Parture

Since you seem so down on the three thread title players....in a hypothetical trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning, would you do this trade?

To the Lightning:

C-Leon Draisaitl

RW- Jordan Eberle

D- Darnell Nurse

To the Oilers

C-Tyler Johnson

LW- Jonathan Drouin

2nd round pick, 2017 draft

I am just curious because Johnson is considered a usually reliable established player, while Drouin (once he gets back) is viewed as being top six material and getting better with more time spent at the NHL level.

Personally, I think both Johnson and Drouin (both players I like on the team) are excess of what TB has plenty of already: fast, skilled forwards.

I think a 26 yr old Eberle, removed from the same ol, same ol in Edmonton, can find new life alongside the likes of a Steven Stamkos (once HE gets back...grrrrr), while Draisaitl can start on the TB 3rd line (TB tries to roll 3 scoring lines and 1 checking line), but if he shows he has mettle (which I think he does), he can quickly become the 2C.

Darnell Nurse, behind a solid group of TB defensemen, can continue to develop as a 3rd pair guy, then quickly take his place amongst the top 4 within the next two seasons or so.

And really, I think given the up tempo and many times hard nosed style the Bolts have learned to play, the 'minuses' those guys have produced for the Oilers, a team still trying to find an identity, will be a thing of the past, and can prove that too much may have been made of it.

Again, all hypothetical of course... :)

Nail Yakupov is slowly working his way down to the bottom of the list +/- for the Blues. Change can temporarily uplift.

No amount of long term change can save Eberle or Yakupov, Draisaitl or Nurse, Klefbom or Sekera, Letestu or Lander, RNH or Kassian, Pitlick or Slepy,

Maroon-McD-Puljujärvi

Poul-New Guy-New Guy

Lucic-New Guy-New Guy

Benson-Cagg-New Guy

Davidson-Larsson

Russell-New Guy

New Guy-Gryba

Chiarelli has to go on a trading rampage to change everything up.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@Parture

Since you seem so down on the three thread title players....in a hypothetical trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning, would you do this trade?

To the Lightning:

C-Leon Draisaitl

RW- Jordan Eberle

D- Darnell Nurse

To the Oilers

C-Tyler Johnson

LW- Jonathan Drouin

2nd round pick, 2017 draft

I am just curious because Johnson is considered a usually reliable established player, while Drouin (once he gets back) is viewed as being top six material and getting better with more time spent at the NHL level.

Personally, I think both Johnson and Drouin (both players I like on the team) are excess of what TB has plenty of already: fast, skilled forwards.

I think a 26 yr old Eberle, removed from the same ol, same ol in Edmonton, can find new life alongside the likes of a Steven Stamkos (once HE gets back...grrrrr), while Draisaitl can start on the TB 3rd line (TB tries to roll 3 scoring lines and 1 checking line), but if he shows he has mettle (which I think he does), he can quickly become the 2C.

Darnell Nurse, behind a solid group of TB defensemen, can continue to develop as a 3rd pair guy, then quickly take his place amongst the top 4 within the next two seasons or so.

And really, I think given the up tempo and many times hard nosed style the Bolts have learned to play, the 'minuses' those guys have produced for the Oilers, a team still trying to find an identity, will be a thing of the past, and can prove that too much may have been made of it.

Again, all hypothetical of course... :)

I would accept that trade.

16 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Spiro Agnew,  is that you?  (or are you William Safire?) 

If you rearrange the letters of Spiro Agnew they can be made to spell grow a penis.

That has nothing to do with nothing but it is still better than this thread.

13 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

If you rearrange the letters of Spiro Agnew they can be made to spell grow a penis.

That has nothing to do with nothing but it is still better than this thread.

I don't know if I'm impressed or disturbed that you know this.   :eyeroll:

18 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Worse, MUCH worse....

Eberle is a minus player for all but ONE of his seasons in the NHL with Edmonton.

The cornflake thing....that...well, THAT can be forgiven...

But career -57 and already -6 THIS season?

Nope. For that....for that....he must be excommunicated... :shifty:

I think @Parture is just stating what we've known to be true about the Oilers for some time: they're not a good team defensively. They have a gifted player named McDavid and a lot of players that "float" around on the ice. The Leafs have a lot of players like this in their lineup too. It's hard to get rid of so much crapola in one swipe. It takes a long time to unload the dead weight players and get the group you want together. :)

15 hours ago, hf101 said:

A couple of posts were hidden to keep this thread on topic.  :ok:

I guess my only suggestion here is that one thread on this topic should suffice. We seem to have five or six threads in the Oilers forum about the same thing.  :angel:

Archived