A Sign from God - The Unholy Trinity of Eberle -6, Nurse -6, Draisaitl -6

Parture

Well, if Eberle is traded, the Oil better get some equal or even greater value back. Hmmmm, let me think...two fairly young players who have gone on hot streaks but basically underachieved...hmmm, JVR...come on down....and both players could use a change of scenery.

25 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Well, if Eberle is traded, the Oil better get some equal or even greater value back. Hmmmm, let me think...two fairly young players who have gone on hot streaks but basically underachieved...hmmm, JVR...come on down....and both players could use a change of scenery.

Well, there's an interesting thought.   Both would fit in well on the other team.  And I don't necessarily mean that in a good way.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Well, there's an interesting thought.   Both would fit in well on the other team.  And I don't necessarily mean that in a good way.

Sure, both JVR and Eberle are soft as newly made Jello, so no real expectations grit wise, just the hope that a trade might wake them both up. JVR has gone through this before, but I do think the gutless puke has gotten comfortable again...and for JVR, that is not good.

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Blech. JVR was one of the best players on the Leafs last season.  :blink[1]:

19 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Sure, both JVR and Eberle are soft as newly made Jello, so no real expectations grit wise, just the hope that a trade might wake them both up. JVR has gone through this before, but I do think the gutless puke has gotten comfortable again...and for JVR, that is not good.

I checked my spreadsheet:

JVR already has 8 defensive errors this season. He had 6 all of last season! Wow that sucks!  :o

You might be on to something here...

I have hung on to Eberle in my keeper for 5 years, knowing that he would eventually be traded to a real hockey team, play with good players and really put up some points like he is capable and maybe, yes maybe, even dig his +/- out of the toilet once and for all.

But it never happens! And here we are again. I am certain the day after I trade him, the Oilers will trade him and I will regret it massively. 

So I'm keeping the bum goddamn it!

26 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I checked my spreadsheet:

JVR already has 8 defensive errors this season. He had 6 all of last season! Wow that sucks!  :o

You might be on to something here...

I'm pretty sure you won't find many Flyer fans who gave a crap we traded JVR...it was the return Holmgren got that wasn't too pleasing. One of the softest, soulless  6'3" hockey players you'll find.

25 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Eberle for JVR wouldn't happen. They aren't going to trade a top RW when their depth at the position is low, to bring in another LW when they have excellent depth at that position.

True enough, although freshly made Jello "can" slip into any position you want.....

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm pretty sure you won't find many Flyer fans who gave a crap we traded JVR...it was the return Holmgren got that wasn't too pleasing. One of the softest, soulless  6'3" hockey players you'll find.

Who did we give up to get JVR?  :unsure[1]:

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

True enough, although freshly made Jello "can" slip into any position you want.....

LOL! ;)

If we look at players on the Leafs that don't add value to the team, I'd start with guys like Holland, Marincin, Hunwick, Martin, Lupul, etc...  You have to go through at least half the roster before I'd get rid of JVR.  

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I have hung on to Eberle in my keeper for 5 years, knowing that he would eventually be traded to a real hockey team, play with good players and really put up some points like he is capable and maybe, yes maybe, even dig his +/- out of the toilet once and for all.

But it never happens! And here we are again. I am certain the day after I trade him, the Oilers will trade him and I will regret it massively. 

So I'm keeping the bum goddamn it!

I'm pretty sure this is what h e l l feels like expecting something good to happen holding onto the RAG DOLL Eberle as he gets pushed around at 181 lbs the lightest player in the NHL. He's probably more like 171 lbs. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing and expecting another result?

On 11/18/2016 at 7:36 PM, Parture said:

Eberle, Nurse -7, Klefbom, oh my, oh my. Eberle, Nurse, Draisaitl -7, oh my, oh my.

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick. Jack go under limbo stick.....    :dancing:

During the Leafs darkest hours in the past two seasons, I celebrated every milestone -- including the bad. Let's see how low they can go!  

Archived