Vegas Golden Knights

hf101

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • hf101 pinned this topic

I actually like nothing about it.  And I agree with @Puck_Pun:  the logo looks kind of rubbish.

Not thrilled with the name,  but I'm sure some junior high graphic artist could have come up with a more interesting logo.   Looks like some owner of a car wash in Bonnieville ,Kentucky got his uncle  to draw him up a nifty picture for his 2 rub downs for 1 sale.

Having a good logo is important for a team because it'll be on the front of all the team's jerseys, so you can't ignore a crappy logo like in other sports- it's front and centre in everything associated with the team.

The Las Vegas organization released the following information.

The team’s colors – steel grey, gold, red and black – reflect the community and the focus of the team:

• Steel grey represents strength and durability
  • Nevada is the largest producer of gold in the United States, it is a highly-valued precious metal and is a color seen in the Las Vegas terrain
  • Red is from the Vegas skyline, the desert and the beauty of the Red Rock canyons; red is also a color associated with the readiness to serve
  • Black represents power and intensity

Drawing on themes associated with knights, the helmet in the team’s logo includes a ‘V’ to represent Las Vegas. The secondary logos include swords that create the star from the iconic “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign.

26 minutes ago, hf101 said:

The team’s colors – steel grey, gold, red and black – reflect the community and the focus of the team:

• Steel grey represents strength and durability
  • Nevada is the largest producer of gold in the United States, it is a highly-valued precious metal and is a color seen in the Las Vegas terrain
  • Red is from the Vegas skyline, the desert and the beauty of the Red Rock canyons; red is also a color associated with the readiness to serve
  • Black represents power and intensity

Hmmm...... red, black, and gold you say?  *COUGH* Infringement *COUGH*

ott.png

32 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Hmmm...... red, black, and gold you say?  *COUGH* Infringement *COUGH*

ott.png

So.... you are suggesting the Senators lack Strength and Durability ???  :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

Has there been any word as to why they dropped Las from the team name and are just the Vegas Golden Knights? Kind of odd in my opinion. Could you imagine if they did that with other cities; Angeles Kings, York Rangers, Jersey Devils, Tampa Lighting...

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

So.... you are suggesting the Senators lack Strength and Durability ???  :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

What they should have said about their color selection was:

• Silver - Because we think it looks cool and gangs usually like silver + they buy lots of merch
  • Red - Because ya gotta have some red
  • Gold - Because it's dope
  • Black - Because everything looks good in black

:)

I do think the league should block at least one of those colors to avoid stepping on the Senators uniforms. They (Knights) have a logo of a medieval helmet (which already looks similar to the Senators logo) and then to have all three Senators colors in the uniform as well? Not on my watch. I'd say "no red" or "no gold", take your pick. You can be silver, gold, and black or you can be silver, red, and black, but you're not going to look exactly like the Ottawa Senators and have the same medieval helmet for a logo. That's infringing on the Senators intellectual property.  

34 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Has there been any word as to why they dropped Las from the team name and are just the Vegas Golden Knights? Kind of odd in my opinion. Could you imagine if they did that with other cities; Angeles Kings, York Rangers, Jersey Devils, Tampa Lighting...

They didn't think it would be a big "Las"?   :rofl:

:56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

“There’s going to be a massive player redistribution before the expansion draft in the weeks leading up to it,” McPhee said. “We understand teams are going to try to not give us anything, and that’s the way expansion goes. There are a few teams that have expansion stress and we might be able to get a good player from them, and there’ll be some teams that don’t have anything and rather than take a bad contract we’ll take a throwaway pick.”

So there you go basically no way in hell will they take Mcdud.......

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/11/25/trades-galore-mcphee-expecting-a-massive-player-redistribution-before-the-expansion-draft/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

“There’s going to be a massive player redistribution before the expansion draft in the weeks leading up to it,” McPhee said. “We understand teams are going to try to not give us anything, and that’s the way expansion goes. There are a few teams that have expansion stress and we might be able to get a good player from them, and there’ll be some teams that don’t have anything and rather than take a bad contract we’ll take a throwaway pick.”

So there you go basically no way in hell will they take Mcdud.......

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/11/25/trades-galore-mcphee-expecting-a-massive-player-redistribution-before-the-expansion-draft/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

Yeah, but they will still need to take some Salary Cap in order to make the Cap Floor.  I'd expect any over paid contract they take on will be near the end of its length at a price where they don't pay much.

Archived