Vegas Golden Knights

hf101

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/23/2016 at 0:43 AM, MadDevil said:

As somebody pointed out, if you take the V out of the logo it looks like the tip of...um...I think we all know what.

I don't have a clue what that would be! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Imagine getting lit up by them the first time you play them.  Ouch

I see this happening to the Pens and would be shut out both times the two teams play!

My wife is in Vegas this weekend for a conference....she said it was 111 degrees outside!!! Wow!!!

She asked if i wanted something i told her to bring me a Vegas Knights T shirt!!!

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

My wife is in Vegas this weekend for a conference....she said it was 111 degrees outside!!! Wow!!!

She asked if i wanted something i told her to bring me a Vegas Knights T shirt!!!

I drove last year from Vegas to San Diego and also from LA to SF.  When you are in the dessert the temperature is often above 110 degrees.  I actually saw the temperature go from 108 to 78 in 45 minutes!!!  Yes, driving from the dessert towards the ocean in Frisco.  Incredible.  

Tell her to go in any sports book and buy me a future ticket for St Louis to win the Cup. $20 lets say.  I swear to God i will mail you the money.  But I know, asking a woman to enter a sports book is like pulling teeth

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2017 at 1:23 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Well thank God she was not there last week.  Its too bad that jackass stole some of the spotlight for the Vegas opener.  People should not fear as he was a lone Wolf.  Evil is all over the place.

Tonight is the night when the Vegas Golden Knights lace the skates up and play for the first time when it counts. It will be interesting to see how well put together this team is. I am thinking it is going to be better than most expansion teams.

On paper, Dallas vs Vegas looks like an easy kill for the Stars, but we all know games aren't played on paper, the Knights will be jacked on Opening Night, and after witnessing some of the craziness from other opening night games, one can never count anything as being certain.

That said, I still think the Stars are the favorite in this contest, but the Knights, even if they don't win, could be competitive.

I do have 7 burning questions for Vegas fans though:

1-- Will MAF still be expecting the likes of Kris Letang, Sidney Crosby, and Evgeni Malkin to come skating through the tunnel behind him?

2-- How many Penguin championship references with announcer Paul "Steigy" Steigerwald shoehorn into the broadcast?

3--Will the building be filled with Penguin fans who are taking a break from gambling away their Stanley Cup winnings at the slot machines and crap tables?

Which leads me to...

4--Will the Knights sell out their seats at their new place over the Detroit Red Wings at their new place? (The Wings had LOTS of fans disguised as empty seats, surprisingly, last night!)

5--After bouncing around and considered a "top six guy" by some, will Jonathan Marchessault be ready to be a true top line C or W?

6-- Can other guys like Oscar Lindberg, Erik Haula, and David Perron prove other teams wrong by letting them go to Vegas?

And finally...

7-- Can the Vegas defense, which consist of a top 4 of Jason Garrison, Luca Sbisa, Brayden McNabb, and Clayton Stoner manage to NOT look like complete pylons when facing down a potentially deadly and speedy Dallas offensive attack?

Stay tuned fans....

Congratulations to the Vegas Golden Knights for winning there first game in franchise history. There were times they looked a little sluggish on offense especially during the many power plays they had, but the Defense and the Goalie Play of MAF kept them in the game and then James Neal got it going in the 3rd period. I think Neal is going to be the Golden Knights biggest offensive threat and he showed it. Dallas lost some of its swagger though when they lost Ben Bishop in the net to the cut over his eye. Lehtonen wasn't bad, but he was not Ben Bishop in the goal for them. All in all a very good performance especially on the road for the Golden Knights.

1 hour ago, Puck It Up said:

Congratulations to the Vegas Golden Knights for winning there first game in franchise history. There were times they looked a little sluggish on offense especially during the many power plays they had, but the Defense and the Goalie Play of MAF kept them in the game and then James Neal got it going in the 3rd period. I think Neal is going to be the Golden Knights biggest offensive threat and he showed it. Dallas lost some of its swagger though when they lost Ben Bishop in the net to the cut over his eye. Lehtonen wasn't bad, but he was not Ben Bishop in the goal for them. All in all a very good performance especially on the road for the Golden Knights.

Yeah when i saw that Kari Let-one-in was maybe going to play the rest of the ame i knew they were done....

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

I tell you two very impressive selections for Vegas who has flown under the radar or never hear about is William Karlsson who leads them with 15 goals 26 points in 28 games played.

And Malcolm Subban going 7-2-0 2.23 gaa and 924%.

Color me impressed.

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I tell you two very impressive selections for Vegas who has flown under the radar or never hear about is William Karlsson who leads them with 15 goals 26 points in 28 games played.

And Malcolm Subban going 7-2-0 2.23 gaa and 924%.

Color me impressed.

I too am impressed, and of course, the jury is still out whether they can continue to be this good not only for this year but beyond, but sometimes all a player needs is an unconditional opportunity to play everyday and be the best player they can possibly be.

Willie Karlsson was just a kid basically on a very defensive minded Columbus team who were/are pushing guys like Alex Wennberg, Cam Atkinson, Zach Werenski, and at the time Ryan Johansson.

Karlsson was basically "lost in the shuffle" there.... enter Vegas, a chance to play everyday, gets promoted to top line status, and BAM, we got ourselves another good NHL player at just 24 years old.

Malcolm Subban? 

Stuck behind Tuuka Rask.

Barring a trade of Rask or some long term injury (even then, the Bruins went with tried and true back ups), Subban really wasn't going to get an extended look with Boston.

Enter Vegas once again, with nothing to lose (and of course, MAF and a myriad of other goalies going down) and Subban has his shot and has run with it.

I am glad to see all these guys doing well.

I was one of those people who believed Vegas would do well at first, then struggle (that might still happen....loooong season to go still), but with the overall talent available in the NHL today as compared to when the last expansion teams came on board, it really shouldn't be that surprising that relative unknowns are carrying this team to wins.

Better than seeing the same ol same ol, "Oh another expansion team....insert 45-50 losses here".

This is making the 'Vegas Experiment" look damned good right now...

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Terrible move for Florida great one for Vegas!!!

www.nhl.com

No doubt.   The players are playing, but they're not doing what they're doing without a really good coach who understands to use what he has.

On 12/18/2017 at 9:28 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ouch... lol.

Go easy on the halibut, Rux.  that stuff can get expensive!  :lol:

I see your Bolts are the latest victim...

Knights look like serious threats out West this year.

Thanks Coburn!!!!

@OccamsRazor

Yea, you know, I am gonna have to stop waiting for the Vegas Knights to "fail".

I, like some others, really thought the team would only have short term success, but they honestly show NO signs of going away.

They've played really well against some good teams, won games some people thought they had no business winning, and after watching them compete, player for player, save for save, and puck battle for puck battle with the current number one team in the league, I believe these guys very well could make the playoffs....and cause problems for whomever they face.

Watching yesterday's game, I kept expecting the Lightning to just "turn it up" and bury these guys.

Bolts gave up a two goal lead, then fell behind, then came back to tie and when it looked like SURE overtime, the flippin Knights pull off the above.

That sure stung, players on the Bolts looked very frustrated (especially Coburn, who actually has been good this year for TB, but of course, who took the bad penalty late).... but I gotta give kudos to Vegas.

They played their workmanlike game and proved that not even the uber skilled Lightning should be taking them lightly in any way.

Gerard Gallant sure knows how to get everything from these guys and players like Haula, Marchessault, Karlsson, McNabb, Colin Miller and Alex Tuch are sure making the most of their opportunities.

Not to mention how good James Knee-All and MAF have been too.

I really enjoyed this one yesterday...not necessarily the outcome, but a very entertaining game from start to finish.

Archived