Vegas Golden Knights

hf101

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

If nobody complains, then the trademark infringement is allowed to occur. I'm assuming nobody on the Barrie Flyers filed a lawsuit against the Philadelphia Flyers. They just accepted it. 

Hate to say it but the Golden Knights (the original ones) are in the right here. That name is their intellectual property and nobody (within the same country at least) is allowed to use that same name without the permission of the existing owner. It's no different than a company starting up and calling itself Google when Google already exists. :)

Bastards. 

Of course if it forces them to use a better name...

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

What.....then have Vegas denied yet ANOTHER name and logo by the condom company!!??

No thanks... :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

I remember when you first joined the board...just an innocent hockey-loving- girl-next-door type.

Now you've climbed into the ditch with the rest of us. :toast:

Everyone hating the name reminds me of the Gold Coast football franchise asking the members what name they should give the team, most of the members choosing Marlins, and then the team being called the Suns. I'm still amazed that, in the absence of a gambling themed name (which I understand why they would want to avoid it), they didn't go for something desert related, like the Scorpions.

I agree Scott, but we can't forget that Bettman is only a mouthpiece for the NHL owners. Fact is, they are just as much to blame as anyone for the sad state of the game. Every fan who loves hockey should send emails, letters, tweets, and whatever directly to their team owner(s). Let them know we don't like what they are turning our game into. :mad:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

How about the Las Vegas S.T.D.s???

I'm in favour of a name that "pulls no punches" about what Vegas is:

• Las Vegas Rippers
  • Las Vegas One-Nighters
  • Las Vegas Craps
  • Las Vegas Rolling Dice
  • Las Vegas Mafia
  • Las Vegas Gangsters
  • Las Vegas Vagrants
  • Las Vegas Pointy Cacti
  • etc...

Shall I go on??? ;)

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I'm in favour of a name that "pulls no punches" about what Vegas is:

• Las Vegas Rippers
  • Err, yea, let the flatulent jokes begin....

• Las Vegas One-Nighters
  • The 'puck bunnies' would love this I am sure...

• Las Vegas Craps
  • Toilet humor? From YOU Words? I am disappointed... :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

• Las Vegas Rolling Dice
  • This might actually work...ahh, but there is that "No Gambling" theme thing again....don't want ppl thinking such behavior is ENCOURAGED in Vegas after all...
  •  
  • Las Vegas Mafia
  • Nope...cuz then you will have some Italian gangster group start petitioning (much like the Native Americans), that they are being misrepresented and find the logos offensive. :5726b5f7a17fd_cointoss:

• Las Vegas Gangsters
  • Same reason as the Mafia, cept it will be the REMAINING ethnic gangster groups on your case...

• Las Vegas Vagrants
  • Superfluous. People will be calling these guys "vagrants" anyways, no matter what name is settled on, because the team will be made up of guys no one else wants.... :ahappy: 

• Las Vegas Pointy Cacti
  • As opposed to what....Dull and rounded Cacti??? :ermm:

Maybe they could do a throwback to the early days of the Stanley Cup and go with the Las Vegas Silver Sevens, I doubt that there is trademark for that from the days of the Ottawa Silver Seven and it incorporates that 7s from the slot machines and craps and other games where the number is key,

On 12/8/2016 at 10:53 AM, radoran said:

Seattle just needs an arena. And $500M.

Quebec just needs $500M.

Kansas City just needs $500M.

Hamilton's hockey arena is 31 years old. Oh, and they need $500M.

Vegas has an arena and put up $500M.

It's not really a mystery why Vegas got a team. The other cities simply need to put up. Or shut up.

Besides, the Florida Panthers have to go somewhere ;)

Move the Cats to Atlanta and call them the Aces! Lol :)

On 12/8/2016 at 6:48 PM, flyercanuck said:

How about Las Vegas Roughriders? Or Rough Riders?

I know they're a football team and not a hockey team, but with as big as Saskatchewan Roughriders merchandise is in Canada (second or third of all teams in all sports), I couldn't help but wonder if the Riders would try to block that. (Go Riders!)

On 12/9/2016 at 7:34 AM, BluPuk said:

I agree Scott, but we can't forget that Bettman is only a mouthpiece for the NHL owners. Fact is, they are just as much to blame as anyone for the sad state of the game. Every fan who loves hockey should send emails, letters, tweets, and whatever directly to their team owner(s). Let them know we don't like what they are turning our game into. :mad:

True to a large degree, but Bettman has pioneered a lot of the totally crappy ideas that have been enacted in the last several years. I can't give him a pass, because no matter how you look at it, he's been a complete disaster as a commissioner.

25 minutes ago, ScottM said:

I know they're a football team and not a hockey team, but with as big as Saskatchewan Roughriders merchandise is in Canada (second or third of all teams in all sports), I couldn't help but wonder if the Riders would try to block that. (Go Riders!)

I get your point, but don't forget we have the same mascots in two different sports here.  NFL = Arizona Cardinals and MLB = St. Louis Cardinals.  I personally like the Roughriders as a mascot.  Sounds cool and it would certainly fit the Vegas hockey team.  Great point though.

11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I get your point, but don't forget we have the same mascots in two different sports here.  NFL = Arizona Cardinals and MLB = St. Louis Cardinals.  I personally like the Roughriders as a mascot.  Sounds cool and it would certainly fit the Vegas hockey team.  Great point though.

Yeah, I normally wouldn't even think of that because of the reasons you mention, but with the Habs and maybe the Leafs being the only teams that sell more merchandise in Canada, something tells me they'd at least try to block it. Now, whether or not they'd have success is another story. I think that's definitely less likely.

Archived