Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
hf101

Vegas Golden Knights

7 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Paul Stieglewald as television play by play announced! Lol 

Aaaaaand...there goes the fanbase.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 0:43 AM, MadDevil said:

As somebody pointed out, if you take the V out of the logo it looks like the tip of...um...I think we all know what.

I don't have a clue what that would be! 

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Imagine getting lit up by them the first time you play them.  Ouch

I see this happening to the Pens and would be shut out both times the two teams play!

Edited by notfondajane

My wife is in Vegas this weekend for a conference....she said it was 111 degrees outside!!! Wow!!!

She asked if i wanted something i told her to bring me a Vegas Knights T shirt!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

My wife is in Vegas this weekend for a conference....she said it was 111 degrees outside!!! Wow!!!

She asked if i wanted something i told her to bring me a Vegas Knights T shirt!!!

I drove last year from Vegas to San Diego and also from LA to SF.  When you are in the dessert the temperature is often above 110 degrees.  I actually saw the temperature go from 108 to 78 in 45 minutes!!!  Yes, driving from the dessert towards the ocean in Frisco.  Incredible.  

Tell her to go in any sports book and buy me a future ticket for St Louis to win the Cup. $20 lets say.  I swear to God i will mail you the money.  But I know, asking a woman to enter a sports book is like pulling teeth

Edited by Hockey Junkie

On 7/15/2017 at 1:23 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Well thank God she was not there last week.  Its too bad that jackass stole some of the spotlight for the Vegas opener.  People should not fear as he was a lone Wolf.  Evil is all over the place.

• Like 1

Tonight is the night when the Vegas Golden Knights lace the skates up and play for the first time when it counts. It will be interesting to see how well put together this team is. I am thinking it is going to be better than most expansion teams.

Posted (edited)

On paper, Dallas vs Vegas looks like an easy kill for the Stars, but we all know games aren't played on paper, the Knights will be jacked on Opening Night, and after witnessing some of the craziness from other opening night games, one can never count anything as being certain.

That said, I still think the Stars are the favorite in this contest, but the Knights, even if they don't win, could be competitive.

I do have 7 burning questions for Vegas fans though:

1-- Will MAF still be expecting the likes of Kris Letang, Sidney Crosby, and Evgeni Malkin to come skating through the tunnel behind him?

2-- How many Penguin championship references with announcer Paul "Steigy" Steigerwald shoehorn into the broadcast?

3--Will the building be filled with Penguin fans who are taking a break from gambling away their Stanley Cup winnings at the slot machines and crap tables?

Which leads me to...

4--Will the Knights sell out their seats at their new place over the Detroit Red Wings at their new place? (The Wings had LOTS of fans disguised as empty seats, surprisingly, last night!)

5--After bouncing around and considered a "top six guy" by some, will Jonathan Marchessault be ready to be a true top line C or W?

6-- Can other guys like Oscar Lindberg, Erik Haula, and David Perron prove other teams wrong by letting them go to Vegas?

And finally...

7-- Can the Vegas defense, which consist of a top 4 of Jason Garrison, Luca Sbisa, Brayden McNabb, and Clayton Stoner manage to NOT look like complete pylons when facing down a potentially deadly and speedy Dallas offensive attack?

Stay tuned fans....

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

Vegas win the 1st game in their history upsetting Tyler Seguin and his Dallas Stars 2-1.

James Neal with the GWer!!!

Neal also scored the 1st goal!

Vegas Strong!

Posted (edited)

Congratulations to the Vegas Golden Knights for winning there first game in franchise history. There were times they looked a little sluggish on offense especially during the many power plays they had, but the Defense and the Goalie Play of MAF kept them in the game and then James Neal got it going in the 3rd period. I think Neal is going to be the Golden Knights biggest offensive threat and he showed it. Dallas lost some of its swagger though when they lost Ben Bishop in the net to the cut over his eye. Lehtonen wasn't bad, but he was not Ben Bishop in the goal for them. All in all a very good performance especially on the road for the Golden Knights.

Edited by Puck It Up

1 hour ago, Puck It Up said:

Congratulations to the Vegas Golden Knights for winning there first game in franchise history. There were times they looked a little sluggish on offense especially during the many power plays they had, but the Defense and the Goalie Play of MAF kept them in the game and then James Neal got it going in the 3rd period. I think Neal is going to be the Golden Knights biggest offensive threat and he showed it. Dallas lost some of its swagger though when they lost Ben Bishop in the net to the cut over his eye. Lehtonen wasn't bad, but he was not Ben Bishop in the goal for them. All in all a very good performance especially on the road for the Golden Knights.

Yeah when i saw that Kari Let-one-in was maybe going to play the rest of the ame i knew they were done....

:cheers:

It is about time we got a professional team.

Edited by pilldoc
personal advertising not allowed per forum guidelines