Teddy Bear Toss in Calgary

flyercanuck

8 hours ago, B21 said:

@flyercanuck

Very cool. Great idea for whoever thought that up. Sure beats squid and plastic rats, too.

It's a great idea. Not sure what the count was this year but they've been getting close to 30,000 the last few years. Calgarys been hit pretty hard with oil prices so it may be down.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's a great idea. Not sure what the count was this year but they've been getting close to 30,000 the last few years. Calgarys been hit pretty hard with oil prices so it may be down.

That sure looked like at least 30,000 teddy bears. They were still coming down hard a few minutes into the video. No such thing as too many teddy bears for kids.  Great stuff (pun intended).

15 hours ago, hf101 said:

Hershey Bears Teddy Toss

I have been to this in the past. Twice actually, the first time was when Mrs Mojo and I learned about baby girl Mojo. We kept those teddy bears, we went back the next year with baby girl Mojo and threw 6 .It is always a great night to go the rink, really good energy on teddy toss nights.

On 12/5/2016 at 10:38 AM, mojo1917 said:

I have been to this in the past. Twice actually, the first time was when Mrs Mojo and I learned about baby girl Mojo. We kept those teddy bears, we went back the next year with baby girl Mojo and threw 6 .It is always a great night to go the rink, really good energy on teddy toss nights.

We went to a few of these back when the kids were little and we had season tickets in Hershey.  They are simply a blast.  Our seats were lower level about 8 rows behind the visiting teams bench.  You had to be careful the 1st minute or so, as you got pounded with bears from the upper level!  LOL.

I just read there's a local guy that promised a $1.00 per bear donation to local charities.  So 20,000 bears, and $20,000 to local children's charity.  Well done.!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never forget the night that Spits management thought it would be a good promo to have a "Frisbee night"...LMAO!! Don Brankley, affectionately known as "waterboy" got pegged in the noggin at least a half dozen times, almost every whistle the Knights were ducking....needless to say, that was Windsor's last frisbee night....lol.

Archived