You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

flyercanuck

Hockeys All-time Best Toothless Grins

Sports Illustrated has never done hockey justice...but this time they finally came out with something worthwhile (though Gordie in a Whalers uni is soooo SI)

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Sports Illustrated has never done hockey justice.

Well said... and showing an article about toothless grins misses the mark again in my opinion. They aren't doing anything except promoting the image of fighting and violence in hockey when they run articles like this.

I have never purchased an SI issue for the sports coverage, only the annual swimsuit issue. It's the only thing they do well.

:mellow:

Good article, but there's really only one image that all Canadians instantly recognize and identify with. I chose this version of it, because I've always wanted to know who he was looking at (Shero?):

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BluPuk said:

@Podein25 that's my all-time favourite. :580b8617670e1_firstplace:

It's great to hear this from a non-Flyer fan.

I'm biased, of course, but Bobby Clarke was simply one of the best. Other than my dad,  he was the single biggest influence in my life probably.

I'm not a Flyers fan, but this topic begins and ends with Bobby Clarke. The article shouldn't even have been "toothless smiles". The plural was not needed. Clarke's victorious and jubilant toothless grin is THE picture of the hockey player with his teeth knocked out, full-stop.

Words weren't even required; merely a title and a photo of the man.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I'm not a Flyers fan, but this topic begins and ends with Bobby Clarke. The article shouldn't even have been "toothless smiles". The plural was not needed. Clarke's victorious and jubilant toothless grin is THE picture of the hockey player with his teeth knocked out, full-stop.

Words weren't even required; merely a title and a photo of the man.

:56ce531864bc1_PostAwardsm:

This thread is making me think of a line from the Arrogant Worms' song "Me Like Hockey."

"Swedish players must be geeks, 'cause they all have own real teeth!"