Trade Burmistrov and Perreault

Hatrik98

2 hours ago, Hatrik98 said:

I'm done with these guys. Unfortunately with the injuries, these guys need to play. But no productivity is an understatement. It's time to unleash.

I dunno. If the Jets are a playoff team I'd want both those guys in the lineup. 

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

I dunno. If the Jets are a playoff team I'd want both those guys in the lineup. 

Yes, especially Perreault. He has veteran savvy and speed. He does not have to fill the net, just provide kinda sorta decent secondary scoring and speed, and be strong on the puck. Same for Burms, but he's more of a depth guy, someone you can insert if a injury happens. Perreault is the kinda guy who can come up big in the playoffs. I'd keep him unless the offer is awesome. They are not going to add to the defense, the goalies are basically set.....so...what do you plan to gain, because the top 6 is set also.

If I was the Jets, I might make a move involving Pavelec the goalie wasting away in the AHL. If Gibson and Bernier continue to falter, maybe a package for Cogliano....Pavelec and Copp, or Tanev, or Lemieux or Armia, or Dano...and of course, the danger is blocking the way to the blottom six for a lot of these kids, and they would be cheap additions also.

8 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Yes, especially Perreault. He has veteran savvy and speed. He does not have to fill the net, just provide kinda sorta decent secondary scoring and speed, and be strong on the puck. Same for Burms, but he's more of a depth guy, someone you can insert if a injury happens. Perreault is the kinda guy who can come up big in the playoffs. I'd keep him unless the offer is awesome. They are not going to add to the defense, the goalies are basically set.....so...what do you plan to gain, because the top 6 is set also.

If I was the Jets, I might make a move involving Pavelec the goalie wasting away in the AHL. If Gibson and Bernier continue to falter, maybe a package for Cogliano....Pavelec and Copp, or Tanev, or Lemieux or Armia, or Dano...and of course, the danger is blocking the way to the blottom six for a lot of these kids, and they would be cheap additions also.

Unfortunately the Jets are so Jekyl and Hyde that making the playoffs seems like a far fetched idea these days. I think when Petan is healthy he could become a bigger factor than Perreault. He doesn't have the size but his on ice vision and able to put the puck on a teammates stick is an asset. His back checking has gotten better  since last year. I would love to see a Burmistrov/Copp package dealt somewhere. As long as the Jets got something well needed back. Pavs has been bait for a while and no team wants the contract. 

Archived