Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

It would be awesome if some enterprising Leafs fan could start the "Trust. The. Process" chant at the AC. It's fitting and it's this year's brown bag over the head.
      “I’m on the phone every day. It’s part of the business. Everybody wants the kids. Toronto wants a young defensemen, and they’d give me practically anyone I would name, or so they say. But when I name someone, it just seems to break down. I could have (Ian) Turnbull, I guess, but I’m not sure I want him. Buffalo right now, why I could pick up the phone to Scott (Bowman) and have Jim Schoenfeld and Rick Martin. Schoenfeld’s just the kind of defenseman we need, and Martin has scored 50 goals twice, and he’s been an All-Star. But they’re what, 28 or 29? and what Scotty wants in return are (Dave) Hunter and (Paul) Coffey. I could do that, sure. We could move up about four places this year, just with that trade. But in three of four years, they'd kills me. Coffey’s going to be one of the best defensemen in this league. That’s all they want: The kids. I’m going to stick with these kids even if it means finishing last.”   -Glen Sather  
        Well, not really, when you consider these:       Toronto ownership and management has several of these built around Leaf HQ to make sure players, who suddenly realize where they signed, where they were drafted, and how long they have to be there, don't simply bolt down to Buffalo out of sheer desperation........... oh wait....
        See, you're just missing a Hall of Fame defenseman...         2nd line forwards don't get you those sorts of defenseman. You want that, you'd better be ready to pay through the nose.  
      I think it's hilarious that this thread, with its title, is in the Leafs forum. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

About us

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and the great game of hockey in our Forums. Our members may write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more. If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Follow us

facebook

Recent tweets