Price goes postal on Palmieri

nossagog

It's lucky Price didn't completely connect with that first attempted punch to the back of Palmieri's head. He could have driven his head into the ice and that could have been really bad. Pounding on Palmieri while he was laying on the ice was a dick move too. At least nobody got hurt.

5 hours ago, MadDevil said:

It's lucky Price didn't completely connect with that first attempted punch to the back of Palmieri's head. He could have driven his head into the ice and that could have been really bad. Pounding on Palmieri while he was laying on the ice was a dick move too. At least nobody got hurt.

Wasn't Palmieri one of Tortsies goons on Team USA along with Kesler and Abdelkader that were running around trying to injure players in the Worlds this past spring? Maybe there's a history there?

Anyway, one of the Habs defencemen should have been the one pounding on him. Without Price that's one mediocre team.

52 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Wasn't Palmieri one of Tortsies goons on Team USA along with Kesler and Abdelkader that were running around trying to injure players in the Worlds this past spring? Maybe there's a history there?

Anyway, one of the Habs defencemen should have been the one pounding on him. Without Price that's one mediocre team.

The Habs defenseman was kind of to blame for the whole thing anyway. Palmieri had nowhere else to go at that point but into the net.

Price is such a little......Man I cannot stand the guy, never have never will, This is so uncalled for, Palmieri driven into him by the defenseman. Typical of Price who should have been tossed.

21 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

The Habs defenseman was kind of to blame for the whole thing anyway. Palmieri had nowhere else to go at that point but into the net.

While I don't disagree I think it may have been a case of Price being sick of being sick last year...and sick of being run.

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

While I don't disagree I think it may have been a case of Price being sick of being sick last year...and sick of being run.

I can understand him being frustrated. I just think he went too far. Getting in Palmieri's face would have been one thing, but basically jumping him from behind while he's laying on the ice is just being an asshole.

6 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

I can understand him being frustrated. I just think he went too far. Getting in Palmieri's face would have been one thing, but basically jumping him from behind while he's laying on the ice is just being an asshole.

As i mentioned....when your goalie is by far your most valuable player...anyone and everyone else should have jumped in there. They didn't.

Somehow I think how you feel about this can't be an unbiased opinion.  I think Price has every right to defend himself (since the NHL does not want to do it), but Palmieri made zero effort to miss Price. Toss a coin. :hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon:

8 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Somehow I think how you feel about this can't be an unbiased opinion.  I think Price has every right to defend himself (since the NHL does not want to do it), but Palmieri made zero effort to miss Price. Toss a coin. :hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon:

Is jumping a guy while he's laying on the ice really Price "defending himself" though? I don't really have a problem with him being upset, I just think he reacted in a ****** way. But nobody got hurt, so ultimately it's not that big of a deal.

1 hour ago, MadDevil said:

Not only that, but if you look carefully, not only was Petry the one who "helped" Palmieri into Price, but Petry proceeded to HOLD DOWN the Devils' skater WHILE Price hit him.....!!!!

That said, I can see Price's POV here. He wasn't looking at what was going on and all he knew was an opposing player went into him, feet first, into his own skates taking him out. He didn't have an inkling at all that his own guy may have pushed him into him.....and of course, that dolt Petry did the deed, then acts like he is "helping to defend" Price...all the while, completely clueless that he actually may have been the catalyst here.

I am not defending Price here, but merely stating what could have been going through his mind right at the moment contact was made.

I didn't watch this game, so I don't know if Devils players were taking liberties with him throughout the game, but whether they did or not, I just think how it all came to a head was just one big 'misunderstanding', for lack of a better term, where the goalie thought he was being purposely run, the player running into him was pushed and probably was NOT expecting that kind of goalie reaction (not ground n pound anyways!), and the D-man, Petry, who pushed Palmieri into his goalie apparently had his credit card declined as he didn't seem to be able to buy a clue and made things worse by holding down a defenseless Palmieri, OZ prison style.

1 hour ago, MadDevil said:

Is jumping a guy while he's laying on the ice really Price "defending himself" though? I don't really have a problem with him being upset, I just think he reacted in a ****** way. But nobody got hurt, so ultimately it's not that big of a deal.

Yes, it is. It's a message to all the other teams Price will be playing in the future. He doesn't want to be a target for every team every time he plays. However, if he did hit Palmeieri on the head, then a suspension certainly could be coming. The view of the incident that I saw actually missed the first few seconds. The last part that I saw Price was hitting him on the back, not the head.

8 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Yes, it is. It's a message to all the other teams Price will be playing in the future. He doesn't want to be a target for every team every time he plays. However, if he did hit Palmeieri on the head, then a suspension certainly could be coming. The view of the incident that I saw actually missed the first few seconds. The last part that I saw Price was hitting him on the back, not the head.

There are teams in this league that will see this as an opportunity to get him off his game.   Especially come playoff time. 

The other problem I had with this is if you watch the official, he wasn't going to call anything at all when it happened.  He just is skating behind the net watching.   He raises his hand for a penalty after Price comes back and hits Palmieri.    Then when the penalties are announced, he goes and gives Palmieri an interference penalty too.  

19 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not only that, but if you look carefully, not only was Petry the one who "helped" Palmieri into Price, but Petry proceeded to HOLD DOWN the Devils' skater WHILE Price hit him.....!!!!

That said, I can see Price's POV here. He wasn't looking at what was going on and all he knew was an opposing player went into him, feet first, into his own skates taking him out. He didn't have an inkling at all that his own guy may have pushed him into him.....and of course, that dolt Petry did the deed, then acts like he is "helping to defend" Price...all the while, completely clueless that he actually may have been the catalyst here.

I am not defending Price here, but merely stating what could have been going through his mind right at the moment contact was made.

I didn't watch this game, so I don't know if Devils players were taking liberties with him throughout the game, but whether they did or not, I just think how it all came to a head was just one big 'misunderstanding', for lack of a better term, where the goalie thought he was being purposely run, the player running into him was pushed and probably was NOT expecting that kind of goalie reaction (not ground n pound anyways!), and the D-man, Petry, who pushed Palmieri into his goalie apparently had his credit card declined as he didn't seem to be able to buy a clue and made things worse by holding down a defenseless Palmieri, OZ prison style.

Goat police Academy :)

Price showing sides of our favorite GM during his hey day.........

this is as bad as it gets .........

and for those of us who were around to see this...how can you not forget this dandy .....

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This was too funny...

Are they crumbling again??

This time no injury to Price to blame it on.....lose 4-2

Therrien may have won the battle vs Subban...he ain't winning one against Price. (if there is one...that look wasn't a good one)

15 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

I always suspected that Price wants to play in Toronto. But, then again every hockey player really wants to play in Toronto. 

:580b8617670e1_firstplace:  

Sorry......

Absolutely! And it's a GREAT dream, especially for Ontario youngsters.

But then, they grow up and get serious....  :ph34r:

Archived