Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Samifan

I HATE BOYD GORDON!

Recommended Posts

Valued added to this team = 0

 

Softness in his defensive zone led to the Stars goals.

 

Disgrace to the #27

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know fans are hunting for problems when outrage is directed towards your 4th line centre.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

You know fans are hunting for problems when outrage is directed towards your 4th line centre.

 

 

Yea, but you gotta admit...this doesn't come anywhere NEAR that anti-christ Jordan Eberle... :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

 

Yea, but you gotta admit...this doesn't come anywhere NEAR that anti-christ Jordan Eberle... :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

 

That's because his sins were washed away by the healing powers of McJesus.

 

eaa77d57cffe0f85cd6291e8d235f7e2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hah! I like the expression on MacTavish's face....

 

Yeah where is his other hand?? EEEEWWWWWWWWWW i need a bath now.....

 

:mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Yeah where is his other hand?? EEEEWWWWWWWWWW i need a bath now.....

 

:mad:

Looks like poo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to let this thread get off topic too much (though Gordon isn't much of a topic :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth: ), yea, Boyd is basically just a body out there.

 

I looked him up...former first rounder too. 2002 was taken 17th overall by the Caps.

Never broke 10 goals and only reached 20 pts ONCE in his entire NHL career that spans over 700 games.

At 33 yrs old, he is what he is.

 

Prime example of 1st round bust.

 

Still though, teams need 4th liners right?

Yep...though, like @Samifan said, no value added to the team.....but then, looking back at his career, not sure much value was ever added no matter what team he was on.

 

Great numbers in the WHL, decent ones in the AHL, basically nada in the NHL.

Not even a bunch of PIMs to at least show some grit out there.

 

Boyd is Boyd. Nothing more, nothing less.

His biggest upside is, he only makes 950K and he will be a UFA at the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not to let this thread get off topic too much (though Gordon isn't much of a topic :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth: ), yea, Boyd is basically just a body out there.

 

I looked him up...former first rounder too. 2002 was taken 17th overall by the Caps.

Never broke 10 goals and only reached 20 pts ONCE in his entire NHL career that spans over 700 games.

At 33 yrs old, he is what he is.

 

Prime example of 1st round bust.

 

Still though, teams need 4th liners right?

Yep...though, like @Samifan said, no value added to the team.....but then, looking back at his career, not sure much value was ever added no matter what team he was on.

 

Great numbers in the WHL, decent ones in the AHL, basically nada in the NHL.

Not even a bunch of PIMs to at least show some grit out there.

 

Boyd is Boyd. Nothing more, nothing less.

His biggest upside is, he only makes 950K and he will be a UFA at the end of the year.

 

He must be adding some value that doesn't show up on the stats sheet to have over 700 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

 

He must be adding some value that doesn't show up on the stats sheet to have over 700 games.

 

Well, like I said, former first round pick.

Obviously there was SOMETHING about the guy that caught the Caps' eyes when they drafted him.

 

He isn't "old" yet at 33, and teams apparently keep hoping he 'figures out' what made him a very good WHL player.

Sadly, at 33, though not old, there usually isn't much more room for improvement.  Guys are usually what they are at that age, barring a few exceptions in the league's history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

You know fans are hunting for problems when outrage is directed towards your 4th line centre.

 

This is Philly. They boo Santa!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

 

This is Philly. They boo Santa!

 

 

Not anymore.

 

 

Now they WHOOOOOOOOO! Santa.

 

:DancingGrape:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 5:17 PM, JR Ewing said:

You know fans are hunting for problems when outrage is directed towards your 4th line centre.

 

 

Now a healthy scratch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2016 at 3:37 PM, off_the_post said:

I saw a line of Gordon/ Weiss/ Cousins and all I could think of was poor Cousins. 

 

In a few weeks it'll be Cousins Coots and Weise and I actually might have some high hopes for what they could do together. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um.. not to throw shade on someone's bluster of outrage but uhh.. he was out for what? like a month? does take some time to get back to speed. 

 

And one does need to realize that he is here to win some face offs and take that burden off our captain. A value who's measure certainly is hard to quantify. 

 

I guess, all of this is to say... if we're complaining about Boyd, things are pretty good in Flyerland right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bakanekimiwa said:

if we're complaining about Boyd,

 

From age 9-18 I had one left winger, Boyd. He wasn't the best skater and he wasn't the most skilled player but he always came out of the corner with the puck. Go easy on the Boyds of the word I say.

 

How are you @Bakanekimiwa? It seems like you have not been around much? Or just not posting? Just lurking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Podes... doin well.. just not involved in the hockey board dialogue of late. Figured I'd take a break from the world of politics, though, and join in again here. 

 

Things are much better in Flyerland these days. Been a joy to watch these guys play lately. Really happy to see the plan Hexy has been putting in place seems to be working out. 

 

What's new around here? doesn't seem to be any different from when I was last here... KK still complaining about everything lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bakanekimiwa said:

Hey Podes... doin well.. just not involved in the hockey board dialogue of late. Figured I'd take a break from the world of politics, though, and join in again here. 

 

Things are much better in Flyerland these days. Been a joy to watch these guys play lately. Really happy to see the plan Hexy has been putting in place seems to be working out. 

 

What's new around here? doesn't seem to be any different from when I was last here... KK still complaining about everything lol. 

 

Yup, same old, same old.

 

Yeah, Flyers are playing some nice team hockey. The wheels will eventually come off though. How they react when they lose 4 in a row will be the key.

 

It's good to see you back and posting. Quality member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 4:00 PM, PuckMeister said:

Yes, but he is supposed to be great on the FO!

 

gotta love the fourth  line center who does nothing but (supposedly) add value for face-offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody has 100% predictive power. If that were the case we'd all be Warren Buffett.  I guess the brass saw a need they could address inexpensively.  Would I have rather seen a youngin brought up from the AHL? Yes. But I am not GM.  Actually, it's Weise I wonder about.  That is a four year commitment. I haven't seen much from that "investment."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 4
      Post
      You know fans are hunting for problems when outrage is directed towards your 4th line centre.  
    • 2
      Post
      I saw a line of Gordon/ Weiss/ Cousins and all I could think of was poor Cousins. 
    • 1
      Post
      Yea, but you gotta admit...this doesn't come anywhere NEAR that anti-christ Jordan Eberle...
    • 1
      Post
      That's because his sins were washed away by the healing powers of McJesus.  
    • 1
      Post
      This is Philly. They boo Santa!  
    • 1
      Post
      Not anymore.     Now they WHOOOOOOOOO! Santa.  

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...