Sam Gagner - Third Star of the Week

ruxpin

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Well,  i know that was the narrative, anyway. 

Right, Fonzi wouldn't be putting him on the ice if he is truly a disaster in his own zone. 

Fonzi hates guys like that.

Gagner has all kinds of puck skills and showed he still had some wheels when he was here. Like others have said I don't think his abilities matched our needs. I wouldn't have put him in our top 6 last year, his not being here probably opened things up for my new favorite player TK and that pesky Cousins whom I like a lot too, so best of luck Sam sorry it didn't work out.  Good on you for landing on your blades with CBJ

20 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Why did we leave Gagner go again?   I didn't think he got that fair a shake last year.  

It's a moot point, I suppose, since we're doing well, but I'm curious.   Hakstol does seem to have people who fall inexplicably into his dog house (MDZ, anyone?).   If Tortz hasn't crucified him, he's either learned or he wasn't that bad to begin with.

Because… Boyd Gordon and Dale Weise?

I heard he was friends with Hitchcock.

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because he sucked in his own zone and wasn't interested in playing as hard without the puck (to get it back) as he did with it.

It's a good thing we have guys like Gordon and Weise to make up for his lack  of skills in his own zone. Don't know where we'd be  without them.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Right, Fonzi wouldn't be putting him on the ice if he is truly a disaster in his own zone. 

Fonzi hates guys like that.

Gagner has all kinds of puck skills and showed he still had some wheels when he was here. Like others have said I don't think his abilities matched our needs. I wouldn't have put him in our top 6 last year, his not being here probably opened things up for my new favorite player TK and that pesky Cousins whom I like a lot too, so best of luck Sam sorry it didn't work out.  Good on you for landing on your blades with CBJ

Exactly. That's the spot Gagner was vying for (and which seems more suited for his skillset) and I'm glad we went with homegrown talent instead. 

Time to move forward with the horses in our own stable.

9 hours ago, brelic said:

Exactly. That's the spot Gagner was vying for (and which seems more suited for his skillset) and I'm glad we went with homegrown talent instead. 

Time to move forward with the horses in our own stable.

I have absolutely ZERO problem with no signing Gagner. He WAS asking for more from the Flyers than he wound up taking.

But there is NO way Hextall "didn't sign Gagner" to "give Konecny a chance." That flies in the face of EVERYTHING he has said from the jump about developing players. 

Konecny played his  way onto the team or he would be back in junior - Gagner or no Gagner.

9 hours ago, radoran said:

I have absolutely ZERO problem with no signing Gagner. He WAS asking for more from the Flyers than he wound up taking.

But there is NO way Hextall "didn't sign Gagner" to "give Konecny a chance." That flies in the face of EVERYTHING he has said from the jump about developing players. 

Konecny played his  way onto the team or he would be back in junior - Gagner or no Gagner.

Yes, I agree with you.

But, I have a feeling that if we had too many bodies already signed, the 'easier' decision is to send a young guy back to junior or the Phantoms. 

Then again, Weise and Gordon are the 'body' replacements for White and Gagner. 

Archived