Hockey News World Jr Championlship preview is out!

jammer2

Anyone else purchase this magazine yet?  I highly recommend it's a great primer for the upcoming tourny.  Really cool section on the infamous "punch up in Piestany" (what a GREAT nickname for this gem of a game!!) . Lots of pictures of the brawl I have never seen before....very cool stuff. There is a 5 page story on how it started, during and aftermath.

There is a nice 2 page write up on each team entered to play this Christmas. Separate sections of offense, defense and goaies, and a lot of speculation on potential roster surprises and of course, core returning groups form each team and a write up on each teams potential game changers.

This could be an awesome tourny for Flyer fans, I guess Felix Sandstrom, the steady Swedish goalie is a lock to start for Team Sweden. They are considered among the tourny favs. Another Flyer goalie prospect Carter Hart is not a lock to start, but he opens the pre-tourny as the odds on favourite to start for Team Canada, but should face a stiff challenge from fellow goalie the OHL's McNevin A final pitting Hart and Canada against Sandstrom for Sweden would be a Flyers fans dream come true. Not sure if they are eligible to play each other in the final yet, or it fheir pats might cross before a poential final. Either way, pretty damn exciting for a team that has NEVER had this kind of goalie representation at the WJC!!

Love the head line on the front of the mag, big picture of Dylan Strome and the tag line (Borrowed from President Elect Trump) MAKE CANADA GREAT AGAIN!!   LMAO!

EDIT....It seems as if Philippe Myers of the Quebec League will basically have to play himself off Team Canada, guess the management like what he brings to the table. Yet another reason for Flyer fans to be overjoyed this year.

Archived