Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

nossagog

Letang out of lineup "For a couple of weeks" (Again)

Recommended Posts

 

letang.jpgLetang went down awkwardly after a check in the game last, seemed pretty innocent at the time and he finished the game. But it looks like something must have happened that caused some damage.   Will be seen how well they adjust being without him for some extended time as he takes up a lot of minutes.  I expect most to be eaten up by Daly and Shultz. 

 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Edited by nossagog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additional information.    Derrick Polliot has been recalled from the Baby Pens.  We'll have to see if its he or Olesky who get the sixth spot as a defensemen in the lineup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a cheap shot he took it seemed at the game.  I know he expected a penalty but of course there was no call.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I had to repost in here  to bring this to the top because Letang is back on the IR.  Looked a little bad when he went down, I think it was Vanek that got his one skate and made him to a kind of splits and put a lot of pressure on his knee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 16, 2017 at 5:15 PM, nossagog said:

Well I had to repost in here  to bring this to the top because Letang is back on the IR.  Looked a little bad when he went down, I think it was Vanek that got his one skate and made him to a kind of splits and put a lot of pressure on his knee. 

 

Me was grabbing his knee before he even hit the boards.  I still feel he's top two or three d-men in the league with his talent but he seems more and more fragile.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, Schultz is becoming more and more important for your boys after being screwed up by the Oilers for so long. Love Letang, a skilled player like that it sucks he is just an injury waiting to happen but the supporting cast led by Schultz is well thought out and well put together and Rutherford should be commended for the likes of Schultz, Daley and Cole which helps to create a defense where the whole is stronger than any one of the individual parts.

 On a side note, has anyone heard from Maatta? What the Hell happened to him? Yeah I know rumor has it that he is still on your roster and playing every night but I am not sure, I remember when he first came up during another of Letangs injuries he looked like a future star, just not sure how in 41 games he could only have 5 assists and zero goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Seriously, Schultz is becoming more and more important for your boys after being screwed up by the Oilers for so long. Love Letang, a skilled player like that it sucks he is just an injury waiting to happen but the supporting cast led by Schultz is well thought out and well put together and Rutherford should be commended for the likes of Schultz, Daley and Cole which helps to create a defense where the whole is stronger than any one of the individual parts.

 On a side note, has anyone heard from Maatta? What the Hell happened to him? Yeah I know rumor has it that he is still on your roster and playing every night but I am not sure, I remember when he first came up during another of Letangs injuries he looked like a future star, just not sure how in 41 games he could only have 5 assists and zero goals.

 

The Reign of Error kept giving and giving.

 

Honestly, I'm really happy for Justin Schultz. As I've always said, there's somethings that he can REALLY do, and MacTavish insisted on using him as a minute-munching guy, playing against the toughest competition, and that role didn't play to his strengths at all. He was set up to fail over and over, which is a pretty standard trait of a bad manager. By the time they were done with the annual coaching carousel, and flinging him into the deep end with cement overshoes, his confidence was completely shot.

 

I don't mean this as a back-handed compliment; not at all, not even a little bit: he would be hard-pressed to continue this level of production. He's on the good side of some percentages right now (GF% well above CF%, SH% about 3x higher than defensemen usually get, etc) but if anybody deserves a break, it's him.

 

I think it's great.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Seriously, Schultz is becoming more and more important for your boys after being screwed up by the Oilers for so long. Love Letang, a skilled player like that it sucks he is just an injury waiting to happen but the supporting cast led by Schultz is well thought out and well put together and Rutherford should be commended for the likes of Schultz, Daley and Cole which helps to create a defense where the whole is stronger than any one of the individual parts.

 On a side note, has anyone heard from Maatta? What the Hell happened to him? Yeah I know rumor has it that he is still on your roster and playing every night but I am not sure, I remember when he first came up during another of Letangs injuries he looked like a future star, just not sure how in 41 games he could only have 5 assists and zero goals.

To be honest, not hearing about Maatta is a good thing.  He is NEVER going to be the flashing point accumulating defenseman.   The fact that you are not hearing about him is good in that he is playing well defensively.   That's all he's ever going to be.   Not offensive and not physical only gets you highlights when the other teams scores on you. 

 

As for Shultz, great on him. He's having a great season.  He had four points in the game against the Craps.   He's got his mojo back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nossagog said:

To be honest, not hearing about Maatta is a good thing.  He is NEVER going to be the flashing point accumulating defenseman.   The fact that you are not hearing about him is good in that he is playing well defensively.   That's all he's ever going to be.   Not offensive and not physical only gets you highlights when the other teams scores on you. 

 

As for Shultz, great on him. He's having a great season.  He had four points in the game against the Craps.   He's got his mojo back. 

See I mentioned Maatta and he scored!! You are welcome!! :VeryCool:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yave1964 said:

See I mentioned Maatta and he scored!! You are welcome!! :VeryCool:

Thanks Yave, we appreciate it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM, JR Ewing said:

 

The Reign of Error kept giving and giving.

 

Honestly, I'm really happy for Justin Schultz. As I've always said, there's somethings that he can REALLY do, and MacTavish insisted on using him as a minute-munching guy, playing against the toughest competition, and that role didn't play to his strengths at all. He was set up to fail over and over, which is a pretty standard trait of a bad manager. By the time they were done with the annual coaching carousel, and flinging him into the deep end with cement overshoes, his confidence was completely shot.

 

I don't mean this as a back-handed compliment; not at all, not even a little bit: he would be hard-pressed to continue this level of production. He's on the good side of some percentages right now (GF% well above CF%, SH% about 3x higher than defensemen usually get, etc) but if anybody deserves a break, it's him.

 

I think it's great.

 

 

 

Gotta be a system thing too.  He's been paired with Cole against the top opponents for awhile now.  Maybe it's the system or maybe he just needed a confidence boost? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 1
      Post
      To be honest, not hearing about Maatta is a good thing.  He is NEVER going to be the flashing point accumulating defenseman.   The fact that you are not hearing about him is good in that he is playing well defensively.   That's all he's ever going to be.   Not offensive and not physical only gets you highlights when the other teams scores on you.    As for Shultz, great on him. He's having a great season.  He had four points in the game against the Craps.   He's got his mojo back. 
    • 1
      Post
      See I mentioned Maatta and he scored!! You are welcome!!
    • 1
      Post
      Thanks Yave, we appreciate it. 

Game Room 1

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...