Its TIMO TIME!!!!!!!

J0e Th0rnton

Timo Meier, my boy from the mooseheads who the sharks drafted scored a goal on his first shot in his first NHL game vs Carey Price.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

And Meier started the AHL season with mono, and later the flu, but after healthy, has scored 8 goals in 9 games!

Baby baby I have high expectations! Even if you are on the 3rd line with Tierney and Donskoi.

17 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@J0e Th0rnton

He's the next big thing coming from the Sharks, eh?

I wondered why you picked him up quickly in NAHANA

I'll confess, my first instinct when I saw cooter take that head shot was he would be out awhile. My brain said "pavelski to 2nd line c", and Timo with jumbo.

In any case he looked sensational both games so far

On 12/18/2016 at 6:08 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Timo Meier, my boy from the mooseheads who the sharks drafted scored a goal on his first shot in his first NHL game vs Carey Price.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

And Meier started the AHL season with mono, and later the flu, but after healthy, has scored 8 goals in 9 games!

Baby baby I have high expectations! Even if you are on the 3rd line with Tierney and Donskoi.

Didn't know if it deserved it's own thread, but thought you might like this article....thoughts?

http://thehockeywriters.com/expansion-draft-scenarios-for-san-jose-sharks/

On 12/18/2016 at 8:25 PM, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Timo was pretty impressive when he came down here to play a 2 game series.  I think he had 4 goals in those games plus a couple assists.  Best player on the ice.

Timo is the first SJ player that will break into the top pp, top 5....for years and years, nobody has been able to break through, but Timo is just to talented to hold back. May not happen this year, but it WILL happen. Where Hertl failed, Timo will succeed. Also thinks he gets an A eventually.

32 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Pretty much fits into my own train of thought.

I had been wondering why Goldobin and Mueller were tolling in the AHL when needing goals so badly, this article explained that....they will stay there until they pass the 43 game mark, making them ineligible for the ex. draft.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

I had been wondering why Goldobin and Mueller were tolling in the AHL when needing goals so badly, this article explained that....they will stay there until they pass the 43 game mark, making them ineligible for the ex. draft.

That and they just don't fit in the lineup. Mueller has only moderately improved and is looking like bottom pairing or bust instead of Vlasic 2.0. Goldobin is top 6 or bust. 

10 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

That and they just don't fit in the lineup. Mueller has only moderately improved and is looking like bottom pairing or bust instead of Vlasic 2.0. Goldobin is top 6 or bust. 

Yeah, I got that feeling with Goldo....he has got to play in the top 6 to be effective, don't see him in a checking role, so yeah, a classic top 6 must kinda thing.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Yeah, I got that feeling with Goldo....he has got to play in the top 6 to be effective, don't see him in a checking role, so yeah, a classic top 6 must kinda thing.

Check our AHL stats these days. 2 years ago we had a bare prospect pool. Now?

O'Regan, Eichel's running mate who was supposedly all a product of Eichel, has 27 points in 22 games.

Heed, a coveted free agent rookie dman has 23 in 22.

We are seeing good things from Meier and Labanc at NHL level. Donskoi and Karlsson were UFA adds.

Chartier shows promise.

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Check our AHL stats these days. 2 years ago we had a bare prospect pool. Now?

O'Regan, Eichel's running mate who was supposedly all a product of Eichel, has 27 points in 22 games.

Heed, a coveted free agent rookie dman has 23 in 22.

We are seeing good things from Meier and Labanc at NHL level. Donskoi and Karlsson were UFA adds.

Chartier shows promise.

Much like SJ, the Flyers AHL depth has gone for non existent to bountiful also, it's always exciting to having players on the upswing. Time in the AHL is no shame, some of the best of all time spent time there before cracking the NHL. Larry Robinson played a year and a half in the AHL before breaking the Habs roster, we all know how that turned out. Bottom line, players develop at different rates, and where ever they do that, it takes nothing away from the final package.

On 12/27/2016 at 3:31 PM, jammer2 said:

Puff piece on Goldobin...but it did reveal he did not get along with his teammates on his short stint last year....not a good sign.

http://thehockeywriters.com/goldobin-still-learning-before-joining-san-jose-sharks/

Not terribly surprising. He is a flashy player who is a bit selfish with the puck. Amazing scoring since the coaches of the Sting let him get away with that due to lack of other stars, but absolutely abysmal in defense.

That sort of thing does not fly in the big leagues. At least he responded well.

Archived