The 2017 World Jr Championship Thread

jammer2

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no feel at all for this game. I know that if you lose this game, you are still in the tournament, so it's not win or go home. I wouldn't be surprised to see these two teams meet again.  :canada:

USA needs to clean up their play these penalties they are taking will haunt them.

Just as I type that Canada scores to make it 2 - 1.

Hopefully Meyers is ok.  The hit didn't look that dirty as Kunin appeared to be just finishing his check.

Congrats on the US kids for playing a strong game. Greenway is a man against kids out there. 

Was really disappointed in Canada over the last 2 games. Sloppy play and mediocre goaltending. Better get their act together. They can win the next game playing as bad as they have...but they aren't beating Sweden or the US with that effort. Hopefully that loss wakes them the "eff" up. 

So do they go back to Hart? Ingram didn't do us any favors until it was too late.

Canada isn't going to medal unless one of these goalies decides to stop a couple of stoppable shots early in the game. Ingram seems to play well after he's let in a couple. I won't blame that first goal on anyone but the ref, but neither of these guys instills any confidence.

Chabot is the best defenceman in the tournament. What a beast the Sens have to go with Karlsson. Jake Bean is a disaster out there. The rest of the D have their good and bad. Pretty average group for Canada...losing Myers really hurts.

Strome hasn't done squat in 2 full games now. Great captain for Canada. Barzal thinks he can do it all...reminds me of Marner last year. Our bottom 6 has become our top 6 as far as being the best players out there. 

A heartfelt CONGRATS to the USA for their advancing to the Gold Medal game. Despite my dislike the American hockey at the jr level, should Canada lose to the Swedes, I will cheer for the North American team with no hesitation. Just got home for work, wow that kid was WICKED in the shoot out....grace under pressure or what???

On 1/3/2017 at 6:29 AM, flyercanuck said:

Canada isn't going to medal unless one of these goalies decides to stop a couple of stoppable shots early in the game. Ingram seems to play well after he's let in a couple. I won't blame that first goal on anyone but the ref, but neither of these guys instills any confidence.

Chabot is the best defenceman in the tournament. What a beast the Sens have to go with Karlsson. Jake Bean is a disaster out there. The rest of the D have their good and bad. Pretty average group for Canada...losing Myers really hurts.

Strome hasn't done squat in 2 full games now. Great captain for Canada. Barzal thinks he can do it all...reminds me of Marner last year. Our bottom 6 has become our top 6 as far as being the best players out there. 

Agree with all of that. Way to much fancy stuff from Marner last year and Barzal this year, great comparison. Is it just me, or is every single Strome kid overrated??  He has shown nothing. Offensive talent does not trump an undying will to win, at least from where I sit. How many great kids are sitting at home while some of these guys are living off their last name?

Not that it will help, but if Ingram gives up anything questionable, he is gone quick.

O.M.G.....WTF was that???   I have seen ENOUGH!!   GET INGRAM OUT while this game is still winnable!!

Nice goal by Stephens....WOW, another goal let in by leaky!!!   WOW

THANK GOD, they HAD to switch to Hart....just HAD to.

Well, on the bright side, a Flyers goalie prospect WILL be playing for Gold tomorrow.

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

THANK GOD, they HAD to switch to Hart....just HAD to.

Well, on the bright side, a Flyers goalie prospect WILL be playing for Gold tomorrow.

Hart played strong.  I think the goalie change woke up Team Canada.  Congrats !

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Hart played strong.  I think the goalie change woke up Team Canada.  Congrats !

Thanks AFF....I have not seen a ton of Hart in net, but I've noticed a few things in the limited time I have got to see him. When he is tracking the puck well, he seems very on....when he's off he seems to have more trouble tracking the puck. Also, when he's on, he eats up rebounds and rarely gives up a second opportunity, when he is not sharp the rebounds tend to fly out with more regularity. I just love his side to side quickness, and he gets up ridiculously quick ....like he just wishes himself up, tremendous footwork and skating. Give me a goalie with eltie quickness over one of those big lumbering Garth Snow types any day of the week.

That was two really good games yesterday. It sucks they let a shootout decide the winner when the games are this important...I've seen Canada win and lose in a shootout, neither feels right to me. I don't see why they just don't play til there's a winner.

Flyer fans got to see the future in net one way or the other with Sandstrom and Hart fighting an epic battle. After Ingram let in 2 goals on 3 shots Hart slammed the door shut on Sweden with 28 straight saves. Sandstrom made some absolutely brilliant saves at the other end, where Canada probably had four times as many quality scoring chances. I thought both goalies deserved player of the game. 

It was nice to see Strome finally do something...though I still think that top line is our worst. Jake Bean scares the crap out of me every time he's on the ice. Turnover machine. Pinches every single time. Kid has skill but needs a brain. 

Should be a good game tonight. If Canada plays like they did last night and they get good goaltending, nobodys beating them. But I've yet to see that consistency out of them.

To be honest, I was really glad we stomped the Swedes. They can be bloody arrogant when they think they are going to win. Did you see the Swedish brain trust in the stands looking all noses in the air, there to be witness to the dismantling of Canada? Mwahahahahaha. 

Kudos to Canada's coach for his statements before the game. A very sly fellow. 

Archived