Khudobin waived? Bruins back up is now??

jammer2

OK, I get it, Khodobin has been bad this year, 1-5-1 is not what you expect from a back up in the NHL. His GGA and SV% are not impressive....BUT, how do they have confidence in Zane  McIntyre??  This kid has played 2 games, has not won a game yet, and to boot,let up 10 goals in tho'se two starts. I can only conclude that Malcom Subban is so far off the Bruins radar, I really don't know why they just don't trade him for future considerations or something. This is the kinda thing that can kill post season hopes. You NEED an efficient back up to compete in the NHL these days. You would imagine the Bruins will be goalie shopping in the near future.

6 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

BUT, how do they have confidence in Zane Mcentyre?? 

Because he is 10-0-0 in the AHL has outplayed Subban and leads the AHL in g.a.a (1.41) and save percentage (951%)

So why not???

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because he is 10-0-0 in the AHL has outplayed Subban and leads the AHL in g.a.a (1.41) and save percentage (951%)

So why not???

Ahhh, good point MD, did not look at his AHL stats, only the brief stint NHL games. Had no idea he was killing it like that in A.

Makes perfect sense now. I still think the leash will be short though. Should be interesting to see if the Bruins go back to back with Rask on the weekend.

Mcintyre is an interesting case, he comes from North Dakota, a rarity to put it mildly for NHL players and attended college there as well and played well enough to get drafted, he has good size and exceptional quickness, I watch more than my fair share of AHL Hockey and the league has taken notice. He was good last year as an AHL Rookie but has killed it this season stealing the top goalie prospect mantel from Subban and earning his way onto the Bruins roster.

He won the Mike Richter award in 2015 as college hockeys best goalie and was a Hobey Baker award finalist which usually goes to a forward, you have to go back to 2001 (Ryan Miller) to find a goalie who won the award.

In short the kid can play.

I get what the Bruins are doing, Khubodin sucks, he sucks high and low and five hole and everything in between, he needs replaced. Mcintyre has earned a shot and Subban needs to play nightly to get his game going, I would have done the exact same thing.

Archived