delusions

blocker

The Dad of a kid I know, sat with me at a game Saturday.  I ask about his son.  He tells me that the kid is playing junior hockey and awaiting an offer from a D1 college.  

I know the kid.  I've watched him play since he was a ten year-old.  He has about the same chance of playing D1 hockey as I do of dating Beyonce Knowles.  

What the hell is wrong with some of these parents?   I know of a bunch of them who place their children in situations that are way beyond the kid's abilities.  Just because a parent can afford the steep costs of youth hockey, doesn't mean the kid gets a pass into hockey insides.

Agreed, but it doesn't hurt to reach for the stars sometimes.

I used to umpire pony league baseball, 14-16 year old kids and the reason that I quit was nothing to do with the kids, it was the parents who screamed at the umps and the kids and taunted the other teams that I finally could not take any more.

My brother-in-law took on a huge loan, tore down his garage, and built a training facility which is larger than his house, all in an effort to get my nephews further in their hockey careers. They're nice kids, and I guess you never know what will happen, but the odds are terribly long even for kids that are on-track, let alone when they're tiny compared to the other kids, and playing in B.

20 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

@blocker,

I hate to break it to you but Beyonce doesn't date older men.  I tried and failed. Must have been something I said.

Well, I told her that the oldest bulls have the stiffest horns.  

For some reason, that display of urbane wit didn't impress.

Archived