You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Sign in to follow this  
yave1964

Iginla officially requests a trade

Jarome

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
Iginla has officially told Joe Sakic that he would like to be traded before the March first deadline to a contender. Iginla is 39 and clearly beyond decline, in 48 games he has a measly 6 goals and 12 points and is a minus 17. His salary is 5.3 million and this is the last year of his deal.

In other news the other twentynine GM's in the NHL have collectively had Sakic's phone officially blocked from their Blackberry.

God what an awful team, the worst team during the salary cap era, much worse than any organization should be allowed to get in todays age. Every single player who has appeared in more than one game is minus on the year, one game callup Samuel Henley was plus one in his one game but I am sure it was a bad night.

They have the least amount of goals scored, the most allowed, in 48 games they have a goal differential of minus 72 and are currently on a nine game losing streak. They are desperately trying to find a trade partner for Gabriel Landeskog whose skill level has fallen off the face of the Earth ever since they signed him to an overinflated over termed contract. Matt Duchene who has been a good soldier and the best player or at the least upon the short list is saying all the right things about being open to waiving his NTC which translates to get me the hell out of here.

quick edit:  The Avalanche just claimed Mark Barbario off waivers from the Canadiens. Problems solved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

In other news the other twenty nine GM's in the NHL have collectively had Sakic's phone officially blocked from their Blackberry. iPhone. 

Hilarious.  :biggrin:

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

God what an awful team, the worst team during the salary cap era, much worse than any organization should be allowed to get in todays age.

Did someone say we need more points???  :hyper:

Gary+Bettman+G5p7tM0HNZFm.jpg

New rule! Effective immediately, teams will be allocated additional attendance points per game based on an inverse correlation. Full building = 0 extra points, half empty = 1 extra point, empty building = 2 extra points. This will greatly improve Colorado's win-loss record and create more parity! We simply cannot allow our teams to fall behind! Everyone is a winner!  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Jarome

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
Iginla has officially told Joe Sakic that he would like to be traded before the March first deadline to a contender. Iginla is 39 and clearly beyond decline, in 48 games he has a measly 6 goals and 12 points and is a minus 17. His salary is 5.3 million and this is the last year of his deal.

In other news the other twentynine GM's in the NHL have collectively had Sakic's phone officially blocked from their Blackberry.

God what an awful team, the worst team during the salary cap era, much worse than any organization should be allowed to get in todays age. Every single player who has appeared in more than one game is minus on the year, one game callup Samuel Henley was plus one in his one game but I am sure it was a bad night.

They have the least amount of goals scored, the most allowed, in 48 games they have a goal differential of minus 72 and are currently on a nine game losing streak. They are desperately trying to find a trade partner for Gabriel Landeskog whose skill level has fallen off the face of the Earth ever since they signed him to an overinflated over termed contract. Matt Duchene who has been a good soldier and the best player or at the least upon the short list is saying all the right things about being open to waiving his NTC which translates to get me the hell out of here.

I would trade them MacDud and his contract  for Iggy in a heart beat.........

21 hours ago, flyerrod said:

I would trade them MacDud and his contract  for Iggy in a heart beat.........

Can we trade Joffrey Lupul for Iginla?

I'd like to have a player on the team that ... you know... actually PLAYS.  Iginla has 12 more points than "Glass Jo" Joffrey Lupul has.

On 2/3/2017 at 3:57 PM, WordsOfWisdom said:

Can we trade Joffrey Lupul for Iginla?

I'd like to have a player on the team that ... you know... actually PLAYS.  Iginla has 12 more points than "Glass Jo" Joffrey Lupul has.

He is still trying to make this whole a NHL thing happen? I remember that he had that mystery illness and his injury prone on top of that. I just assumed he wasn't playing anymore..

1 hour ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

He is still trying to make this whole a NHL thing happen? I remember that he had that mystery illness and his injury prone on top of that. I just assumed he wasn't playing anymore..

He's listed on SportsNet's Leafs website as being injured with some abdomen injury or something. He's one of those guys that has been injured so often during his time in Toronto that I'm sure fans don't remember him any more. 

I'm assuming that he's not coming back any more, and even if he does, I don't care. He belongs on the bench. Lupul was one of the worst acquisitions this team has ever made. :(

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

He's listed on SportsNet's Leafs website as being injured with some abdomen injury or something. He's one of those guys that has been injured so often during his time in Toronto that I'm sure fans don't remember him any more. 

I'm assuming that he's not coming back any more, and even if he does, I don't care. He belongs on the bench. Lupul was one of the worst acquisitions this team has ever made. :(

I am a Flyers fan, so I know what it's like to have an injury prone player on your team.

That being said, my perspective has changed a little bit over the years – having become something of an injury, and person myself. I used to really enjoy lifting weights, hitting a heavy bag, and dabbling in martial arts, but I am a shell of my former self. It changes your perspective for sure.

39 minutes ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

I am a Flyers fan, so I know what it's like to have an injury prone player on your team.

That being said, my perspective has changed a little bit over the years – having become something of an injury, and person myself. I used to really enjoy lifting weights, hitting a heavy bag, and dabbling in martial arts, but I am a shell of my former self. It changes your perspective for sure.

Some players have bad luck when it comes to injury. Others are simply too "delicate" to play the game. He's not an old man or anything. During his time in Toronto, I think he's missed more games than he's played. It's unreal. Oh well.  

Myself too. I still train, but I'm more careful about it. :)

9 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Some players have bad luck when it comes to injury. Others are simply too "delicate" to play the game. He's not an old man or anything. During his time in Toronto, I think he's missed more games than he's played. It's unreal. Oh well.  

Myself too. I still train, but I'm more careful about it. :)

How do you think you can determine the difference between a guy having bad luck and being fragile?

I think I'm past the point of simply being more careful. I started having back problems a few years ago, but really worked through it. I was careful and even excelled in certain areas that I had not. I was lifting weights heavier than before I hurt my back. But the stuff I have been dealing with the last year and a half has been a game changer.

10 hours ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

How do you think you can determine the difference between a guy having bad luck and being fragile?

If I like the player and he gets hurt, he's having bad luck. If I don't like the player and he gets hurt, he's fragile. :IDunnoSmiley:

10 hours ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

I think I'm past the point of simply being more careful. I started having back problems a few years ago, but really worked through it. I was careful and even excelled in certain areas that I had not. I was lifting weights heavier than before I hurt my back. But the stuff I have been dealing with the last year and a half has been a game changer.

I got misdiagnosed with a hernia last year, so I was overly cautious about working out. Thankfully I didn't have one, so things have been great since then. 

Back and knee problems seem to be the worst. They almost never go away.