Soooo.... What about Hartford?

hf101

Reports from theScore are stating that Dannel Malloy, Connecticut's governor, has offered up Hartford's XL Center as an option for "interim use", and also suggested that that the arena could be NHL-worthy for a longer period of time with a few adjustments.  To make this possible move even more inviting the the Islanders' AHL affiliate is in Bridgeport, Conn.

Frankly, I really like the idea.  An Islander move to Hartford could also help the Devils attendance woes.

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Reports from theScore are stating that Dannel Malloy, Connecticut's governor, has offered up Hartford's XL Center as an option for "interim use", and also suggested that that the arena could be NHL-worthy for a longer period of time with a few adjustments.  To make this possible move even more inviting the the Islanders' AHL affiliate is in Bridgeport, Conn.

Frankly, I really like the idea.  An Islander move to Hartford could also help the Devils attendance woes.

It would be nice to see a NHL team back in Hartford .......

16 hours ago, intheslot said:

Would be nice if the whale could come home ....

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

One of the best logos in sports

As soon as I hit my teenage years and began to see this:

2832eee5c85f542c16480230d43def99.jpg

I couldn't look at the Whalers logo (the whale tail) and think of hockey ever again.  :lovethis:

(I hope that's not inappropriate. I tried my best to find something modest.)

Assuming the end is near for the Islanders in New York, why not try Hartford again? Why did the Whalers leave Hartford originally? Poor attendance? Poor ownership? 

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

As soon as I hit my teenage years and began to see this:

2832eee5c85f542c16480230d43def99.jpg

I couldn't look at the Whalers logo (the whale tail) and think of hockey ever again.  :lovethis:

(I hope that's not inappropriate. I tried my best to find something modest.)

Assuming the end is near for the Islanders in New York, why not try Hartford again? Why did the Whalers leave Hartford originally? Poor attendance? Poor ownership? 

Gov. Of Connecticut refused funding of a new stadium! 

Why not move the devils there? Better yet move them west!

19 hours ago, hf101 said:

I like the Islanders and Rangers rivalry the way that it is. I would like to see the Devils move on to another city. There is to many teams between N.Y. and D.C.! Preferred moving the team back out west!

The Islanders aren't playing on an island now, so they could probably keep the name if they moved to Hartford. 

I don't think Hartford is a great idea, though.  I just don't think they can sustain a team. 

Archived