Guess we need to complain more ;p

Guest Spinorama

Our favorite whipping boys have come to play these last few games. JVR against Chicago, had a strong game today. Briere today... well, need I say more? Bryz had some nice shutdown saves that in previous games he let in to keep the game tied.

Still much hockey to be played and still many aspects of their game that needs improving, correcting, tweaking, but it's a welcome change of pace to have good things to say about these several players.

Keep it up!

Good for those guys you mentioned, now do you think Lilja and Bourdon will hear our complaints about being a turn over machine. If we are going to contend this year, I think we may have to replace them with a healthy Gus and/or a top 4 dman.

Good for those guys you mentioned, now do you think Lilja and Bourdon will hear our complaints about being a turn over machine. If we are going to contend this year, I think we may have to replace them with a healthy Gus and/or a top 4 dman.

possibly. MAB has been streaky in the last 2 games but I'll give him some rope just because he seems like he's trying to establish his game. On top of that he's been getting increased minutes each game and I'm sure that's taking some time to adjust to. Needs fixing for sure but again, all things considered injury wise, I'll give him some time. At this point I see more upside than down.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a healthy Gus in there at this point. He' shown a lot of promise and had he not been injured we'd have already seen him in the lineup. The rookie surge this team has had this season could be infectious around the locker room and that can only do wonders for chemistry for a team who seemed to have chemistry issues over the last few seasons.

"turn over machine" - really? MAB is pretty green don't you think? Being a rookie and all...maybe he deserves some slack before we ship him back down and call up Gus?

and Lilja is Lilja - he'll never be Scott Niedermeyer but all in all he holds his own out there.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you - turn overs suck, they kill momentum and good teams capitalize on them, make you pay for them. Anything we can do to minimize D-zone turnovers - turnovers anywhere - is a good thing. Short of benching a rookie D-man who - imho anyway - has shown a lot of poise out there.